Curtis JONES: 2022/23

Curtis is just a poor man’s and less theatrical/diving Jack Grealish.

I joke, but I do actually see similarities. Both are talented players, both are very good technically, both are probably guilty of slowing the game down.
I also see differences, one cost £100m, one is a fuck-wit who has a low alcohol tolerance, one is constantly in the paper for his kiss and tells.

I am a hesitant fan of Curtis, by saying that I mean that I will not over hype his ability/performances but at the same time will not throw a talented young player under the bus.
I admit that he frustrates me at times with his tendency to take the extra touch, slow down the momentum of an attack but which player doesn’t.
I think Curtis is a very talented player and part of his struggled is that his style is kind of caught between two positions in our current formation. He is not direct enough to be part of the front 3 and not industrious enough to play in the middle 3 and it is also an area where being caught on the ball can hurt you.
I personally believe that there will be a moment with Curtis where it clicks, I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

Regarding the youthful talent we have, I am excited. My only concern with Elliott and Carvalho is their slight physique, but in ability wow. Bacjetic will fill out and Ramsey has a good build. I am looking forward to seeing their progress. :+1:t2:

1 Like

My mate can’t stand him god knows why.

I don’t think he is overly amazing yet , but I do think there is something, gave us another option last night.

Just go through who some of our fans don’t like of other clubs. It happens everywhere and all the time. Might be true, might not be true. Mostly just exaggerated. I don’t know, when James Maddison is viewed as a little c*nt. Without any particular or serious reasons. So I can understand if there are other lazy fans who smell something similar about Jones. Can leave that impression.

He posts lots of pics on instagram with him new birds out on town (dressed like a twat).

There’s your problem.

Why people waste their time with such irrelevant drivel, I’ll never know. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He is a Liverpudlian so maybe it is more personal than what he sees, he genuinely knows the game well.

I know there are certain players I dislike without any reasons why, on the flip side I always thought Dennis Irwin seemed a good bloke but I’ve never looked if he was.

I quite Curtis by the way, though the bumfluff beard is worse than any style sins committed by Harvey Elliott.

2 Likes

There is a section of the fanbase who see local players as an equivilant of make-a-wish kids.

Fact is he was the best player in the country at U23 level. He deserves to get a real chance here.

4 Likes

James Maddison is a cunt. Have a look at what the locals thought of him when he was out on loan at Aberdeen or Norwich.

Swanning around town boasting about how much money you make because you’re a footballer makes you a cunt. I’ve got a mate who was in uni at Aberdeen at the time and it was well known. Plenty of anecdotes on the internet to back it up. He also comes across as a cunt in everything he does.

If it walks like a cunt, and quacks like a cunt, then…

4 Likes

Wasn’t that the Ibiza prick squad? Delle Ali, Maddison and Grealish…

Why would you call someone a cunt based on what some others think? Bizarre to me that.

Lad comes across really well every time I’ve seen him, could care less how he might have acted one night when he was 18/19.

Hope he gets the world cup place he deserves.

Noooooooooo !

Couldn’t careless then whatever lol. Both factually correct where I’m from :wink:

Now that’s inside information I don’t know about.

:joy:

But really, opposition fans have tons of players from other clubs who they can’t stand for different little reasons. Without “knowing them” like their fans do. Could be just how they look, maybe a rumour/truth or two, how they carry themselves, whatever.

Likes of Jones or Elliott could leave those impressions, while they could be completely normal (just your average young footballer with lots of money) in reality.

For me I don’t care if that’s the average young footballer. I wouldn’t like it if it was one of our players either.

At least for our players, it doesn’t seem like that is the case, thankfully.

It’s not my problem though. I’m just pointing out how his SM persona likely contributes that feeling many seem to have of him being a dick without being able to describe why.

On the other side of the coin, I know a couple of lads who were mates with Ched Evans. They said at the time that he’s a really good bloke and that there was no way he was guilty. Not that sort of person. I know he had his sentence overturned eventually, but that will linger on him for the rest of his life.

hmmm … I happen to know his family (but not him personally) , and let’s just say they are not renowned for being paragons of virtue. Some of his family members were responsible for initiating a hate campaign against the girl in the story who had to flee the area for her own safety. Even though he was technically acquitted of rape , the fact remains that he did what he did.

2 Likes

If his surname was Jonesinho he would get far more praise :smile:

I thought this was about Jones at first… my heart sank.

That’s my fault. I keep forgetting to directly reply to people. I need to address that. Sorry for any confusion.