Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

HT 0 - 4
43’ 0 - 4 Timo Werner [Assist: E. Forsberg]
40’ 0 - 3 André Silva [Assist: T. Werner]
20’ 0 - 2 Timo Werner [Assist: A. Silva]
19’ 0 - 1 Timo Werner [Assist: E. Forsberg]

Sub off at 57’

1 Like

Yes but that was in the Cup against a fourth tier side.

1 Like

I’m same as you, what’s happened to FFP and the Prem League needs to get like La Liga in regards to spending!!!

FFP was effectively destroyed by that corrupt CAS decision not to support UEFA with their punishment of Abu Dhabi. Since then, it has become obvious that rich clubs don’t pay attention to it anymore. Why should they btw? They know that they will get away with it.

6 Likes

1 Like

What? No Handbag? :exploding_head:

Only thing wrong with that is it implies he would give Colwill a chance.

1 Like

It’s mezzanine capital. It sits below the debt and above the equity. They also take a minority stake in the club. The structured capital is designed to make a mid to high teens annual return. It’s expensive capital.

All the investment going on is in terms of the purchase agreement. They “bought” the club for £4.25b. £2.75b went to Abramovich. The other £1.5b is earmarked for investment, mostly into the Bridge but also into the squad.

This won’t be like Abramovich. Once the squad investment is over, they will be self-financing.

Swiss Bramble has a good Twitter thread on how this is all within FFP.

4 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face:

£278mil to sure up Europa League football for next season…

I’m not sure what they’ve even bought.

1 Like

Koulibaly has been absolutely shite.

1 Like

They saw him score that goal, they thought they got Rudiger mark II

Wouldn’t have admitted it while he was at Chelsea but think Rudiger is a great player. Love his attitude on the pitch. There’s a Liverpool player in there

1 Like

This is one of the funniest sentences I’ve ever read:

“Tuchel might seem to have won the transfer window by convincing new owner Todd Boehly to commit a record investment, but despite Chelsea’s massive outlay, the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner have left the team short of goal scorers,…”

No. Really. A sports journalist wrote that in this article:

2 Likes

I don’t think he will be there in Jan.

Well actually come to think of it that could be said for both of them.

They’ve got Fulham next away, isn’t that a rather bogey ground?

Well played Edouard Mendy. Fail to deal with the situation by parrying the ball like a yoyo, then feign injury with the requisite rolls to try to get the ref to blow the whistle. WH socre, so he stays down like he’s been shot, to garner sympathy from the ref and VAR to influence them to overturn it (which they should never have done - incompetence).

And to top it off, the smug Tuchel in his interviews doubled down on the situation, rather than diplomatically side stepping it.

Tuchel really is the skeleton’s Mourinho without the likeability or talent and scared shitless he may encounter SuperTed or Spotty.

(Sorry got old cartoons on the brain - showing my kids what existed back in the prehistoric 1980s before Bluey)

1 Like