Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Will be a laugh when the new manager asks for funds to stamp his/her mark on the squad.

1 Like

Chelsea expected to approach Brighton later today for permission to speak to Graham Potter about their manager vacancy.

Chelsea also keen to speak to Mauricio Pochettino and Zinedine Zidane also, who are both out of work.

From Skysports. I think Potter is a great manager with what he has done with Brighton. Lets see whether he would be interested if Chelsea really approaches him.

1 Like

I hope he stays with Brighton - he’s very good.

2 Likes

Good at Brighton is not good at Chelsea, Rodgers was good with Swansea …

2 Likes

Maybe - but maybe not. From what I’ve seen, Potter’s Brighton are light years ahead of where Swansea ever got under Rodgers. Potter is also a very very different personality - I’ve not once seen him inflating his own ego.

Apples and oranges.

6 Likes

The more things change the more they stay the same

3 Likes

He definitely will not fit in at Chelsea, then.

1 Like

Shame :joy:

Chelsea’s average manager lasts 529 days over last 22 years!

1 Like

I agree that managing Brighton and Chelsea is apples and oranges. :rofl:

Brighton give Chelsea permission to speak to Potter

Brighton have given Chelsea permission to speak to Graham Potter.

He is expected to meet Todd Boehly later this afternoon.

It is thought Chelsea have made it clear they are prepared to meet Brighton’s exit clause figure.

From Skysports…

While Chelsea has been a shit club and I love to see their carousel of managers coming in and out everytime they think they can spend their way out of trouble but we may not know how the new owners will behave in the long term, while spending more than 200m and sacking the manager so soon seem crazy but who knows maybe they have a long term plan all along without Tuchel and if Potter does come, maybe it shows they appreciate the way that Potter has developed a team and getting a team to play together and getting players to play for each other and for the team and would send a right message. For Potter, while its good for him to stay in Brighton but with what he has shown, he surely has to take the next step up sooner or later and a position in a high pressure top club in PL is as big as it gets…

EDIT: and if Potter does go…who knows maybe any new manager coming in would need finances to build his own team and might make it easier for us to get Calciedo in January…

That makes the Abua signing even worse as the main argument for it was Tuchel knew exactly who and what he was getting. But as Im writing this, maybe that was the problem and Boehly went ahead and sealed that deal over Tuchel’s objections and they’ve been at odds since.

2 Likes

I surely can’t be the only one wondering if Boehly did the deed with a wooden stake or holy water, right?

3 Likes

Hope springs eternal.

Poor Tuchel, he did not know what hit him…

3 Likes

That’s Caicedo gone in January

Ole is available.

3 Likes

I’m surprised Brighton were so quick to give Chelsea permission, to speak with Potter. There must be money involved.

1 Like