Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I judge him for this. Unless there is a lot happening behind closed door, this is contemptible decision.

Yeah, I hope there were major problems behind the scenes, because if not, then this is just a vile sacking.

1 Like

It’s surprising to me because of the amount of money spent, unless Vlad didn’t have any say in getting them, which I think is highly unlikely. The new manager is now going to be saddled with £200M+ worth of players they didn’t ask for, yet now have the burden of making something of of an expensive team. This is not an amount of money that you spend and then get Potter or BR, that amount of money goes hand in hand with a manager like ZZ, and I don’t think he will be interested. Potch is shit, barely successful in the easiest league in the world,

Chelsea have an established track record. It’s easy to see looking back over the last twenty years.

Moving forward, the new owners might want to go a different way, and back a promising young manager to build up the club properly.

The spending since they arrived doesn’t point in that direction, but it will be interesting to see what they do moving forward.

For Potter, it would be a risky move if he goes there, so he would need cast iron guarantees that they aren’t going to be just as trigger happy with him, or he would be better advised waiting for a more stable club in the upper echelon to open up.

1 Like

This is the book on Tuchel right? Good immediate impact but over time he starts to grate on the players, annoy the owners and ultimately results drop off a cliff. He’s just not a good long term manager.

5 Likes

Can I ask what damage that was? I suppose you can count the contracts being run down, however it’s hardly like they aren’t a team fit to bursting with countless assests.

This move does not cement the impression that Boehly is going to be trigger happy with future managers. Its easier to do that when you didn’t hire the guy, especially when (by multiple accounts) he doesn’t seem to be on the same page with you.

We’ll see what he does with his own hire.

Potter has a £20m release clause.

1 Like

I’m guessing Boehly has found that 20m by digging through his couch cushions.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think the main tangible piece is losing 2 of their starting CBs without even being able to offer either a contract renewal. That is 130 million or so of their spending just to stand still (at best). But I think that sort of issue likely (not certain, but likely) creates a lot of intangible issues. Both Alonso and Aspi seemingly tried to use that situation to force their way out, and one of those is the club captain. Clearly it was an unstable environment and there are almost certainly implications for their form this season, but the main point is the money they had to spend, not to support Tuchel, but just to fill the gaps from the key players who they were forced to allow to walk away for nothing.

2 Likes

I’d question whether you could even grant him that much credit. At dortmund he just managed to hold them steady, and only for 2 season. Yes on paper it looks like he got a 7th placed dortmund back to 2nd, but Klopp had already addressed that slide and handed him back the second best side in the league. He did no better with them than any of the succesful of managers did.

At PSG he only achieved the bare minimum

At Chelsea he has won a CL, but so did De Matteo. I appreciate that seems flippant, but the De matteo comparison cannot be ignored. Chelsea always have enough talent available that enables lightening to strike if a manager can be smart enough to get out of the way. Notably, he’s rarely been able to put out a side that seemed to understand what it was supposed to be doing or looked balanced.

2 Likes

Please, not Potter. He’s not horrible enough.

1 Like

Emma Watson Omg GIF by Harry Potter

1 Like

Tbf, I feel really sorry for the Brighton fans, they thought there in for a really good season and now this.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

This was bound to end in tears for somebody. :man_shrugging:

I don’t think we should be taking the piss out of Chelsea after our performance tonight.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AJ3/status/1567446877565591554?s=20&t=grULMbkyRR-zjBaMCEwdkA
:rofl:

1 Like

It’s confirmed

1 Like