Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

As has been said already - managers have considerably less power than they used to in football these days.

The other element of this is that Tuchel was throwing the players under the bus - so yes, he was the manager when they spent their millions this summer, but then proceeded to act a massive tit - the handshake bullshit with conte, constantly flipping out on the side lines, moaning about the players (not his own tactics), and even as far as saying that the VAR call that went in Chelsea’s favour was correct - absurd.

Tuch was clearly out if his depth - and Chelsea’s owners decided to fuck him off. A hard call considering he did win Chelsea the CL, but when there’s so much drama outwardly visible, it’s clear that things need to change - and they certainly did.

1 Like

Why they bother with a 5 year contract is beyond me.

4 Likes

Why not? Certainly, from Potter’s point of view, its a good deal.

I don’t think Chelsea managers sign those thinking they will be there for five years…eight month contracts wouldn’t be that interesting, even if they were more accurate.

If Tuchel was the manager then he was aware of the situation, if he was unhappy with it he should have walked. Chelsea spending £300m without agreement of the current manager and no input from the incoming manager is the point that is being made. It’s the same Chelsea and they’ll no doubt part company with Potter the minute they see he can"t succeed with the £200m they give him to spend next summer.

Worth noting that Tuchel had the title of Head Coach, as does Potter. No manaager. Must be a difference.

…and deep in the Shires of Leicester at this moment, there is one man with his wine glass of anti-wrinkle elixir in one hand and a bunch of envelopes in the other becoming wet from his falling tears… repeating to himself over and over…
The Bastards - It should have been me

1 Like

2 years back he would probably.

I think it was all Todd Boehly.

Potter will unlikely demand lots of money. So I guess that also explains a bit.

‘Nathan Jones’? No way. Surely he’s “been gone too long”.

:thinking::wink::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Well spotted, mate. :joy:

1 Like

Too long gone.

https://twitter.com/Farret13Tejeda/status/1567992312004808709?t=CURAE9DT1RIFjTuS75q3XA&s=19

I’m getting increasingly close to the point where I might just be done with this level of football. The money spent on agents fees and sacking failing managers is disgusting.

money spending GIF by tylaum

2 Likes

I mean for signings

Potter could have had the world at his feet if he’d got Brighton into the top 8.
Now he’ll be out in 12 months.

2 Likes

…with £16 + £20m(?) in his pocket. Not bad for a year’s work

3 Likes

And a fucked reputation