Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Mad See Ya GIF by 1st Look

I know we are looking at Man City this week but just felt it was necessary to mention that Chelsea’s spending spree is not over. They’ve signed 17 year old striker Jimmy-Jay Morgan from Southampton for an initial £3m rising to £6m.

He’s the third young player Chelsea have signed from Southampton in the last year (although one of those, Tyler Dibling, quit Chelsea after just a few weeks and went back to Southampton).

2 Likes

2 wins in the last 14 in all competitions. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

23 matches played. 23 goals scored. 23 goals conceded.

3 Likes

That’s a damaging loss. Have to add “Under Pressure” before “Manager” now, I would think.

1 Like

How much was it they spent in January?

It’s also like they didn’t spend in the summer or the last summer or the year before.

With a quarter of that amount I’d have expected to us have bought better.

2 Likes

Potter - a perfectly good manager, making the step up. So many questions. Did he want all those players? Did he ask for them? What are the expectations on him, with all that money spent? If he is Boehly’s pick, will he get a bit more patience than most Chelsea managers?

It’s all very odd. You would have to think that at some point they will start to play better, but there’s so much that is so weird about them.

The Abramovich debt was written off. And how come they spent so much after that?

I don’t really get it, but fortunately they are much LESS than the sum of their parts.

2 Likes

Hope these results continue for the Yank and the entitled fans. Serves him right for punting Tuchel and going on a seemingly random spending spree.

The only thing I like about Chelsea is the manager but I give him about 48 hours.

5 Likes

From what I have been reading he had zero influence in who came in, they just told hem who they signed.

1 Like

Can understand why he got rid of Tuchel but I agree the way they’ve spent and bought wholesale half of Brighton frankly they can do one.

Plus the debt wipe after Roman was frankly disgusting

4 Likes

The irony being that a big part of the conflict was Tuchel was him refusing the request to play a bigger role in determining which players the club signed.

1 Like

I don’t blame him he isn’t the only issue.

Making a boat load of signings in the Jan window I’d be surprised if anyone would get it ticking until mid March at the earliest.

Klopp wouldn’t start them if he could help it til at least March, Gakpo was forced by his hand in a way and Diaz forced his hand by just being that good.

1 Like

Must get them ticking over better, though. Losing to the bottom club in the League is a horrible look.

2 Likes

Oh no doubt that was a shocking result especially at home. Soton had a no manager bounce :wink:

1 Like

Chelsea’s problems stem back to the year after they had their “transfer ban” lifted and spend badly and without focus. Lampard had done well with the players he inherited, including break out seasons from a few home grown young players. He was then faced with trying to incorporate 3 new forwards without there having been a clear plan for how they would be used. He failed and was sacked before the season was out. They responded not by going back to what had worked the season before, with the young and vibrant Abraham a regular up top, but by spending 60 million to replace him with Lukaku. A player Tuchel didnt seem to rate and who didnt do the things he wanted a striker to do. Things that Abraham does. In turfing him out after a year they were left with lots of forwards, but not center forwards and they play is a confusing disjointed mess without that central player to tie things together. They havent had that since Lampards first year in charge there, and it shows in the way they play.

2 Likes

Yup yet Chelsea fans were screaming excitement at their spending powers that summer.

2 Likes