Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

There were a lot of bad takes about Klopp during his first year in charge. If you remember, it took him a while to produce actual tangible improvements in results and so there were constant unflattering comparisons to Rodgers being made.

Two key differences though is that 1) were they were mostly from outside of the club not from the fans, and 2) the qualitive improvements were immediate and obvious even if the results were still up and down. Anyone with sense knew it a new system being implemented with players not all of whom were going to be able to do it properly and so you had to view the results through that context. But it was very clear what Klopp was building to. Potter hasnt been helped by the slapdash spending, which has massively increased expectations on him without really plugging the gaps this squad had, but it’s difficult to see any identity in this side. No manager should blindly be given time. You get given time if you have a clear vision and there is evidence you can point to that it is being implemented, providing faith that in time the quantitative improvements will come.

3 Likes

His results were mixed but were better than what Rodgers was achieving at the end.

He also made two cup finals.

There was a certain strand of the media that have wanted Klopp to fail since day one, this is the season they finally get to bleat so expect it by the bucketload.

How many years was he in the job until they dropped the silly Rodgers comparsion charts?

They absolutely adore that bald fuckwit at Man utd mind.

As for Potter the only comparsion is they arrived at roughly the same part of the season, I don’t remember FSG lavishly spending 200m in the January window that season.

6 Likes

Potter’s won 9 of 26 in all comps since joining the club. Ouch.

1 Like

Considering he is their best player at times this is bad news.

6 Likes

At least they have Wesley Fofana to bring in. They spent big coin on him, and he’s a pretty good and exciting young player.

Fofana isn’t a patch on Silva.

It’s stunning how good he’s been for Chelsea at that age.

4 Likes

I agree. Silva’s been amazing, and Fofana is no like for like. He’s 22 and plays a different style. He’s good on the ball and will help Chelsea if they ever decide to get back on the front foot.

Reading reports that Chelsea have identified the new striker they will bring in next season. Apparently there is a guy playing in Italy who is looking to join. Lukaku I think his name is

On pace for 6 entire goals!

:joy:

Chelsea are interested in replacing under-fire manager Graham Potter with Italian Roberto de Zerbi, the 43-year-old who took over from Potter at Brighton after the Englishman, 47, joined Chelsea last September. (Football Insider)

I think his name is Tammy…

Nah, his name is Daniel…

Chelsea unapologetically unfurl their “London’s First, London’s Finest” banner to start the match. Meanwhile, they sit fifth among London area clubs in the table.

Never got that banner considering they were about the 4-5 team in the capital.

1 Like

Does it predate Roman, then?

Just not the Romans

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes
1 Like

Roman Abramovich secretly funded the takeover of a Dutch top-division football club and bankrolled it for years during the period that he also owned Chelsea.

Files reveal €117m in loans for Vitesse Arnhem originated with then owner of Chelsea, despite repeated denials. [@guardian_sport]

1 Like

Old news, I’ve been calling their stadium Stamford Bridge East for years.