Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Timo Werner spurned a couple of good chances
Eight words that seem to have followed this young man wherever he’s been. Stuttgart, Leipzig, Chelsea, and the nightclubs in all those places.

7 Likes

Almost every game actually. Capable of some superb stuff, but then also some moments where he looks like an amateur.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Brutal

1 Like

I found the comment fucking hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Looks like Havertz’s arse has fell out,his talent will stall while at the chavs,Werner needs ten easy shots to score one whilst Giroud and Tammy are their best players,money well spent

6 Likes

I think this is a myth. There is a grain of truth probably that English managers from lower leagues often don’t get a chance at Championship and Premier League football, since top clubs tends to recruit the “finished product” from foreign top clubs. So there is that.

But in reality, when you consider actual criticism, foreign managers are very often treated quite harshly (same with players) compared to English ones. Unai Emery was ridiculed from the start, much had to do with his bad English, but he wasn’t given much benefit of the doubt. Same with many others. Eddie Howe for instance is English, a good manager I think, but he has also been resoundingly praised in the English media for many years (not now, but he was), though the praise was fair, absolutely.
A lot has to do with impressions also, how managers and players appear to an observer in interviews and the little things. Solskjær is probably ridiculed more than he should based on results as an example. Mourinho everyone is prejudiced against, including myself, except @Neukölln and some other people who like him for their own reasons (I would argue that he destroy squads after winning title, if he wins a title, so I would only wish him as manager for someone I loathed) . Arteta, has little experience, will probably fail and get sacked, but was criticised a lot based on mere emotional observations extremely early. Chris Wilder has been praised a lot, for good reasons, but it has been mostly praise. Dean Smith is praised a lot despite having spent a lot of cash compared to many clubs last season (he is doing a very good job, but he DOES get praise for it). Lampard had a free season, no one criticised him in his first season. It was accepted that he had a group that he could not improve upon. Only now people criticise him, and the criticism isn’t that harsh at all. Graham Potter is praised. Haven’t read any “harsh” criticism of him.

Lampard is now in a position where he can be criticised for tactical decisions I would argue. He can now even face criticism for players he has bought. Guardiola gets criticism (though not much), Klopp gets a bit (but not much), Mourinho gets a lot, Solskjær gets a lot, Rodger gets a bit (maybe more from fans than the media though), Ancelotti gets barely anything (but he has Everton on 4th, so why the hell should the media and pundits criticise him ???). And that’s Top 6 for you. The idea that Lampard is the most criticised is stupid, it is not really true.
As for players, the British media and pundits tends to praise English players higher than foreign imports, that is my observation at least (which also creates a pit fall for them later if they fail to reach Harry Kane standards).

4 Likes

Frank Lampard is at a big club with a recent history of success and has spent a fortune. He has been over promoted, or at least, there’s no sign that he paid his dues fairly and worked his way up, with only a short stint at the helm at Derby and not getting them promoted. It was average.

Still, he got a plum job and Abramovich opened up his wallet too.

So Lampard is fair game for criticism.

With his squad he should be challenging for the title. With his inexperience and a cohesive unit needing some time to form, a CL spot would suffice, for now… so long as better looks like it is around the corner.

If he finishes lower than top four he should be sacked.

9 Likes

Genuinely think it is money well spent on those players. It’s Fwank that’s the problem.

3 Likes

Like wanting to keep Ole at the wheel…mediocrity masked by the old positive result, should be enjoyed for as long as possible.

1 Like

They were never as good as advertised though (i.e. world class)

Havertz would be a good false 9 under Klopp IMO but never had the game to suggest he could play in midfield here to a high standard yet.

The criticisms I and many others pointed out about Werner have all come to light - questionable mentality, physically weak, technically flawed. Werner looks dangerous in games Chelsea are already winning but he’s not a player who consistently makes the difference in tight games. Not exactly the traits of a top player.

Their best signings have been Mendy and Silva, those two have made an instant impact. The forward players were never as good as what Tottenham, Liverpool or City have.

4 Likes

Yeah to be fair Mendy looks a good signing.

2 Likes

Does he save without taking?

4 Likes

Was Kepa taking Mandy? might explain a thing or two

1 Like

Same as manure for me. They have some very good footballers but no vision, no philosophy in place. Fat Frank and OGS interchangeable, same results.

5 Likes

Blame autocorrect

3 Likes

It would be a bit embarrassing if they lose to the arse wouldn’t it,i’m hoping for it anyway.

4 Likes

Not just lose, so far getting battered 3-0

2 Likes

3 defeats in 4 for Frank the ghost of Tuchel will be haunting him now.

6 Likes

These are the quintessential flat track bullies - score loads of goals in the games they have the upper hand in but don’t have enough quality to win games against good opposition.

22 games into the season and their best wins are against 10th place West Ham and a Sevilla side that had already qualified. Pretty telling that, at no point have they ever looked good against a proper side.

All fur coat no knickers.

9 Likes