Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Such a smug smile… Looks like the cat that has a cream flavoured arse
Hope RM dump them out of the CL tonight good and proper

1 Like

Due another pay off.

Have the feeling Lampards first win will come at the Emirates.

1 Like

That’s six matches played in April and one goal scored. Played solid sides in all those matches save Wolves (who also blanked them). That’s hideous.

2 Likes

Chelsea still have to play both Manchester clubs and Newcastle. I’d love them to get nine points from those games, and Lampard to be given the job for life as a result.

2 Likes

If that bottom 5 weren’t so shit I’d be worried if I was them.

Not sure Frankie Boy will ever want this guy writing his reference anytime soon :0)

:point_up: :+1:

Fun read.
I particularly like these snippets:

Aided by the galvanising powers of a Todd Boehly team talk, Chelsea exited Europe.

Lampard at least lent it one last twist. It was supposed to be Pep Guardiola who overthought Champions League knockout ties. Along came Lampard.

Alongside him (Kante) was the man with 100 per cent of the goals in Lampard’s second reign: all one…Gallagher

And so perhaps the tactics were Lampard’s tribute to Boehly.

Hmm, I’m going to go off script here and defend big Frank for once.

I raised an eyebrow at Lampard’s team selection, but they actually played quite well and created some chances, and despite him lacking the quality in the final 3rd Kante’s endless running did cause Madrid issues.

The cause of Chelsea’s champions league demise was playing against a better side, and Chelsea’s problems as a club go way deeper than Lampard.

I haven’t bothered reading the full article but that title is everything I hate with sports journalism. Does the author really believe that Chelsea would have beaten Madrid by starting Mudryk or Sterling instead of Kante? They might want to check the league table.

Utter rubbish.

5 Likes

Whether Wide Boy Frankie got his selection right, or wrong is immaterial to me… by RM beating them, and progressing to meet - probably The Cheaters - where I personally feel they, and not Chelsea, are in a better moment to eliminate the oil club in the semi-finals, because, I cant see either of the Italian sides beating Fraudiola in the final. The last thing I want to witness at the end of this season, is Bernardo Silva parading Ol Big Ears.!
The thing with journalists and pundits alike, is that they are preaching their praise or venom to a large audience platform. What they say, and how they say it, has a big bearing on forming an opinion, biased or otherwise. The reason I posted this particular article, is that the journalist has included a fair bit of dark humour and sarcasm into his words at the expense of Chelsea, Boehly and Frankie Boy… What is not to enjoy :0)

2 Likes

Franks just Todd’s mask, who is the real manager.

Can’t be many managers with as bad a record in the history of the PL

Be careful not to volunteer, Thiago.

I almost feel sorry for Lampard. It’s been clear almost from the beginning of his managerial career that he wasn’t very good at it. They shouldn’t have asked him back for this unfortunate stretch of matches after he crashed out of Everton so badly, but I suppose he might have begged off, too.

He has sort of doomed himself by starting off with high expectations. By Championship standards, his Derby team was loaded with talent, they absolutely should have been promoted. He failed upward to Chelsea, had a brief period of success largely just watching his talent play, and then collapsed. The Everton hiring was bewildering, this latest Chelsea one more so.

If he actually wants to be a manager, he now probably needs to drop down to League 1 or lower, and actually learn his craft.

3 Likes

At Everton he was lucky Burnley imploded which leads me to wonder if Dyche is the miracle worker he once was.

After all they lost to Burnley and faced Newcastle who were on a role, bloke ties his neck to a post and Newcastle somehow lose with 11 men to 10 the rest is history.

1 Like

Dyche did a great job with Burnley. Their football style under him was certainly one that is hard to watch at times, but given the resources he had to hand, he did a good job. Maybe a bit more investment in the sqaud to increase player churn and avoid it going stale was required, a bit like we’ve seen here.

I expect him to keep Everton up, and them to be comfortbaly mid table next year, under his stewardship. I dont think hes the right manager for a top level club, but hes a damn good mid table PL manager. When it comes down to it, if you own a club that is looking to move from mid table to challenging for Europa league or conference league spots, youd rather a model simialr to Brentford or Brighton, looking to play nice football, over attritional wars with dyche and a load of grocks

1 Like

I just don’t think he gets it. He’s one of these supremely talented players who believes individual effort wins the day. In pressers I’ve rarely heard him say much more than to analyze his team’s output of energy.

1 Like

Chelsea have scored once from their last 97 attempts on goal.

They have paid out over £20m in wages for their attackers in that time… :exploding_head:

I don’t blame him for accepting PL jobs if he’s still offered. Not all, but the ones he believes he can do something of course. Then, if he has the will, he might drop and build his way up again. But the likes of him and Stevie, massive players who are probably financially secured… they might not pursue the career for the rest of their lives. Go different leagues, divions, countries, continents. Maybe they will reach a point in the next few years when some of them feel okay, I gave it a go, the jobs that are out there don’t interest me, I’ll just find something else to occupy my time and still provide certain money.