Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Fun fact:

Lukaku’s original contract at Chelsea is still 3 years long from now, £340k per week.

He will be 30 in a few weeks.

:joy:

2 Likes

Just wondering, if Chelsea have to do a fire sale to get in under the FFP radar by June 30th, what players would be of interest to us?

Let’s assume they won’t want to deal with us, but as the clock ticks down they might have to.

It’s Mount and Gallagher from the senior players. Highly doubt we buy two players from them.

What about the young player they bought from Villa? Not even trying to write his name.

1 Like

The biggest indictment of the work they’ve done is that you’d struggle to find much that is attractive. Probably the most attractive would be a kid who isnt even playing there this season - Colwil. Outside that you’re looking at maybe Mount and Kovacic. And then beyond that…

Maybe Pulisic for under £30m

He hasnt had a good game for 2 years

Never seemed to shrug off niggly injuries in those two years though. I personally would not want to recruit any player that turned down LFC at the first time of asking… but obviously Jurgen doesn’t think like that, for it doesn’t seem to bother him at all -

I’d have taken Havertz before we got Gakpo. now he’d be redundant.

1 Like

Their youth system, despite being top of the league at U21 level, is surprisingly lacking in top end prospects. They have sold a lot on recently so they’re rebuilding a bit.

1 Like

I’m a great admirer of Kovacic, even at his present age/level.

Don’t watch enough Boehly games to be a judge of any other players.

Oh, how is Kante these days.

It will be a fire sale on players on big contracts. Lukaku will be given away or loaned again, Kante will leave, etc etc. no chance of them selling promising youth players as it wouldn’t even dent their FFP issues.

1 Like

is that more indicative of their overall motivations with youth?

i mean, the difference between finding 5 x 20m young players vs actually looking to train them for the first team must be imense

1 Like

Makes sense. But then presumably the leverage increases for the buying club? Won’t pay a fee, or only a nominal fee, and/or wages need to be subsidized?

1 Like

Injured, except when they play us.

1 Like

Their primary motivation with youth still appears to be the sale of players for high fees. They’ve done very well in that regard in recent years.

They invested in some highly rated young players this summer - Chukwuemeka, Hutchinson, Casadei - but beyond that theres not much first team potential left over.

Their U16/U17 age group looks good but a big gap between that and the first team of course. Could be a few years before they make big money selling youth again.

2 Likes

What is the potential list of players for sale?

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign 18-year-old Portuguese winger Diego Moreira on a free transfer when his Benfica contract expires this summer. (Record - in Portuguese)

Why on Earth would a youth player want to go rot in Chelsea now?

1 Like

Benfica to Chelsea, add at least a 0 to his pay packet.

2 Likes

Wages.

1 Like