Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

They have a DoF and recruitment team with experience of buying young talent, and a large squad that needs trimming. I think there is a good chance that Boehly will step back and let Poch (if he gets the job) and the DoF/ Recruitment team do the rest.

As I say, if the Coach won’t have players sold from under him or signings forced on to him then being a head coach rather than ‘manager’ is not such a big issue.

Sure, but if you have faith in the modelling and recruitment processes and have a significant say in who comes or goes then it is less of a problem than being at a club with no money. It becomes an issue only where the different areas aren’t singing from the same hymn sheet.

Is this for the end of the season or now?

It appears to have gone under the radar, but Chelsea made those hires shortly after close of the summer of the window.

Or put another way, the similarly haphazard winter window was navigated by the new guys not Bohley

1 Like

Why do they call the job permanent.

because you get a big wad of cash in about a year and a half, obviously.

4 Likes

They have to pay him to leave as opposed to Lampard who basically they just change the locks on.

1 Like

They will need a crowbar to lever Wide Boy Frankie out of that club at the end of the season. He will be working on the belief that he is the perfect number two (anyone see what I did there) :0)

1 Like

I do wonder when someone will risk their players wives on John Terry.

Eh? Why on earth would he want to go there? A direct rival of Tottenham, with a completely idiotic owner at the helm right now. :thinking: I’d like to think that he’s a bit smarter than that, but maybe his stay at PSG and the oil-sheikh money have already depraved him completely.

I dont think people give full weight to how fucked chelsea was during the take over. They were barred from even offering contracts to key players whose contracts were expiring and so saw a hole blasted in their team, and key administrative people closely tied to Roman also walked. What Bohley did might have been dumb in the details, but it wasnt as if he was overruling people who knew better - the club had no one left in a position to know better. They needed to plug holes and do so quickly, and that meant people stepping into positions they were not intended to fill long term. He never intended that to be his role and acted as quickly as possible to bring in new people into those roles he was being forced to fill.

There is still a chaos element about it from the outside, but that is based on what they have already done. It doesnt mean that now they have stemmed the bleeding of the the sanctions related losses that they cannot present a clear picture of the future that a good manager might find attractive.

1 Like

I envy your optimism :saluting_face:

3 Likes

He’s looking more and more like one of these great players that will miss a good chunk of football every season due to injuries. Chelsea have a matching pair too, with Chilwell on the other side.

Aye it’s looking that way, if Chelsea ever grow tired of him I’d still take him tbh…think he’s a tremendous little player, could you imagine him and Trent together in the same team on the same side & linking up with Mo as a little triquetra.

You killing it Frank, keep it up. Making it easy for the next manager to improve upon.

3 Likes

Two seemingly absurd outcomes are looking increasingly possible

• Chelsea dragged into a relegation scrap
  • Chelsea hiring their second interim manager after having to fire their first interim.
3 Likes

If Lampard was at Spurs, he’d be sacked by now.

1 Like

How many times Fwank fwanking it on the trot from his 2023 day dot?

They visit the Emirates next Tuesday. A London derby of shaky-knee bed wetters. Could be Frank’s best chance to set things to right.

1 Like