Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Ugarte and Enzo…if Poch’s setup is what it was like with Tottenham he’ll turn them into pressing monsters!

1 Like

1 Like

He would be leaving, right!

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

Chelsea confirm that they won’t sign Joao Felix. Hard to judge if they should have or not given Frank couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag.

They’ve got Nkunku coming already, and I suspect Aubas off. Just whether they keep Rom now.

Chelsea club records broken in the 2022/23 season:

1⃣ Most expensive transfer window (€611m)
2⃣ Most expensive player (€121m)
3⃣ Most expensive manager (€23m)
4⃣ Most managers in a top-flight season (4)
5⃣ Lowest GF in a top-flight season (38)
6⃣ Fewest points in an EPL season (44)
7⃣ Fewest wins in an EPL season (11)
8⃣ Lowest GD in an EPL season (-9)
9⃣ Most losses in a 38-game season (16)
10🔟 Lowest finish in a 38-game season (12th)

Frustrated World Cup GIF

1 Like

And we could only take two points off them. I’m angrier about this than the Forest, Leeds, or Bournemouth games.

2 Likes

They caught us near the bottom of our downturns both times. We were just as bad.

2 Likes

Chelsea’s problem was a more extreme version of our own, playing down to their opponents’ level. At least until the Lampard run, where they were just plain terrible. Their record against the top 5 finishers sans Frank wasn’t great (D3, L4), but most of those losses were one-goal affairs. Potter must have been incredibly frustrated.

Impressively, Chelsea managed to lose to two of the three relegated sides. If they had been fair and handed Leicester 3 points as well, Leicester would have stayed up. Almost 1/4 of Southampton’s 25 points came from beating Chelsea

His release clause is 52mil. Should’ve been talking to him for months instead of pissing round with “Jude”.

1 Like

Problem is no one knows what we’ve been doing.

Who knows if we are in for Ugarte, we don’t unlike these clubs tell all about our plans, he might not be interested in us for starters.

2 Likes

Contract is expiring, but the information in last months has been that he wants to stay and they’re close to an agreement over a new deal.

1 Like

With how fascinated Ward is with Portugal then I’m sure he would have been heavily scouted over the last couple of years. If we don’t go in for him then we probably just don’t rate him that highly.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/sspencerukk/status/1664722164770013184?s=20

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1665068208070483969?t=ynP4DZn8IJ3pu8tpvXH8QQ&s=19

kaitlin olson wtf GIF by NASCAR

For some reason, when it comes to us, people have this idea that it’s impossible to sign half decent players if you aren’t in the Champions League. Despite other clubs doing it all the time. It especially helps if you have money to pay high wages.

3 Likes

Also some people think because we don’t sign someone who’ve we’ve not had a genuine link with, that we are going sign Ward Prowse or worse pretend Curtis Jones is our new signing.

3 Likes

Never liked him anyway. :roll_eyes:

There is also a perception effect. For us now as well as Chelsea, I think potential signees see the potential to be back in the CL in short order, whereas before Klopp, we were seen as occasional visitors. I suspect there is a tier of players who just won’t go to a club not in the CL, but a larger pool that will think of ‘top clubs’ more broadly - especially when paid that way.

Thing is you look at Liverpool’s season and you think it was bad and it felt it and then you look at where we are.

You don’t need to perfect you just need to be less bad for top 4, top 4 will always be around 65-75pts

There is a sizeable amount of error in that, in fact if truth be told I think the clubs in the PL next season will be stronger. I don’t think there are 6 woeful clubs.

And I can see Luton’s ground being a harsh one to go too.

Also if your football player an 8 year deal on a very good wage isn’t bad you could basically be protected from any long term injury.

and you can bet there are clauses or side agreements allowing wages to be reworked. The eight year term is purely to spread the transfer cost over more seasons. For North American sports watchers, this is old hat, ‘capology’ and all that crap.

2 Likes