Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I am surprised. Not a great season, but in the back half of the season they improved dramatically - even if they still weren’t great on the eye

I think Poch showed enough in the last 9 or so matches that he got to grips with his team. But then it’s chelsea…fuck them

3 Likes

Amorim?

I agree with the view above. Boehly had amassed an unwieldy quantity of players, at great expense, and with no great sporting plan in mind. (I’m sure he has a dodgy financial scheme unfolding though).

Poch came in and granted, he wasn’t doing well. But second half of the season he started to get more of a tune out of them, to the point that had he stayed in situ I would have them down as strong top four contenders for next season.

They now continue their rinse-repeat cycle, my guess will be Amorim, but let’s see. There will be a lot of upheaval and very little patience, so it will be tough for something to take hold and build up there.

Good!

2 Likes

Could it be De Zerbi? Wonder if Bayern might look at Poch.

3 Likes

Forgot about De Zerbi. I think that’s a good shout.

More mutual on Pochettino’s side than Chelsea’s. He’s been heavily hinting for months that he’d be walking at the end of the season.

Hopefully De Zerbi is too sensible 'cause I quite like him.

Yeah, that makes sense. Lots of dysfunction, and the club has allowed a lot of speculation and criticism to build.

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

2 Likes

Amorim? Boehly wouldn’t blink at Sporting’s compensation demands, no matter how ridiculous they were.

1 Like

What is the fucking point of Chelsea?

2 Likes

It didnt look that way for most of the season, but I think by the end Poch is the one to have come out here marginally ahead. The improvement he got out of the the side in the second half of the season will be noticed by people trying to fill roles (or with a manager they would like to fire if they can find a replacement…cough Utd cough) and Chelsea will do well to find someone as good as he is.

2 Likes

I think that was more a man at ease with the prospect of being sacked and being paid off than someone threatening to walk away.

1 Like

Possibly. I remember he was asked if he felt the owners were happy with his performance and he said something to the effect of ‘Why do you assume I’m happy with the owners’ performance?'. Seems like he wasn’t happy with the board looking to sell Gallagher and Chalobah, amongst other things.

I do question how serious he is about his career these days, though. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see him jump at Bayern, another poison environment with a pretty quick payout if (when) it goes tits up.

1 Like

Xabi Alonso.

Just playing but can you imagine the meltdown if Xabi agrees to Chelsea after their season ends.

nuclear explosion GIF

Ofcourse! Did Poch sing Roy Hodgson song before he left?

When you wake up as a Chelsea player, there may be times you don’t even remember who your manager is today lol

:moneybag::money_with_wings::money_mouth_face::pound:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Neville done some damage to Poch with his quote about Billion Pound Bottle Jobs -
Easy to run your mouth I suppose if you just want to make headlines

1 Like

BREAKING: Chelsea expect to appoint new head coach by the end of the week, with Thomas Frank, Enzo Maresca and Kieran Mckenna as leading candidates