Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

As the son of a guinea-pig, Yes - I am offended

https://x.com/Football__Tweet/status/1816392094375690671

1 Like

Seems like an over reaction except for James McClean always deserves it.

The fuck are Wrexham doing playing pre-season games in America?

1 Like

Ryan Reynolds isn’t it.

3 Likes

Owned by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney for the last few years, hence them being called Hollywood FC

they have more fans than Chelsea. Takes some doing.

2 Likes

I get that, its just a farce. League Two clubs touring USA playing Chelsea in pre-season games at a sold out Levi’s Stadium.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Colwill not liking a body check 30 seconds into pre-season.

Bullet dodged.

:joy:

No more of a farce than the normal summer pre-season fare offered up by PL clubs. They are taking advantage of their profile, and indeed raising some awkward questions for those clubs by using that profile to promote the women’s game.

3 Likes

How the hell does this club operate???

https://x.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1817085159948058654?t=1HBKBEKmv2SHyKdpVP4JeQ&s=19

1 Like

Any good ones in that list?

I thought Gallagher and Chilwell looked promising but I don’t know how badly they have stagnated with Chelsea.

2 Likes

I think its harsh on Petrovic and Chalobah, who have both been good when they’ve played.

2 Likes

In Gallagher and Chalobah’s case it’s almost certainly because, as academy graduates, Chelsea can bank the full transfer fee for them as profit to help resolve PSR issues.

I hate modern football.

6 Likes

This is the under appreciated aspect of their long term contract approach. Yes, they cannot amortize the signing fee over the full length of the contract, but what it does mean is that by the time the fee has been fully accounted for on the books the player will still be under contract allowing them to sell and book the entire fee as profit.

Of course, as we see with Ugochukwu and Fofana, two players who came in recently under this new strategy, they may not be able to generate much of a fee for players who fail to establish themselves there as most certainly will fail to do.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a strategy that’s fairly dependent on the players they do bring in to actually perform well enough to a) justify the fee spent and help them be competitive in the here and now and b) be desirable to other clubs in future to generate a profit.

Looking like a failure on all counts on evidence so far. Hard to imagine anyone falling over themselves to sign the likes of Mudryk in another 5 years’ time :joy:

1 Like

I like Gallagher but I doubt there is much we could use there.

2 Likes

isnt that Ugochukwa the guy @Sweeting was all over? or have i got the wrong player