Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Think you mean Carney Chukwuemeka

2 Likes

Apparently they’re getting wrecked by Celtic tonight, last I heard it was 4-1 lol

1 Like

Maybe we can sign Kepa as 3rd choice GK :rofl:

Amongst other screw ups in the transfer market, the number of GK they have been signing for the first team has been ridiculous…

A good set up and all and the lads probably decent enough.

If Kelleher wanted to go and he was cheap I’d consider it.

I turned it on at 2-0. What I saw for the next 15 minutes was embarrassingly bad. Just utterly pathetic. It looked like a professional team going only 50% unsure of how hard to try against a Sunday league team

1 Like

Which C is which?

1 Like

Celtic were toying with them. They could have scored 15

2 Likes

Some where between :joy: :scream: and :see_no_evil:

Could end up relegation fodder this season

3 Likes

I wonder at what point panic sets in at Stamford Bridge? Brutally unfair on a new manager, but not a club renowned for patience, and they don’t look like they are going to be ready for a PL season in two weeks in just over two weeks. With their placement last season, I guess they drop off the ‘big game’ list that covers the first fixtures, so they start with a surprising visit from City. That may not be a terrible thing, because it moves a more winnable match to later in the schedule. However, they could start the season with a mauling in front of their home crowd, never good - especially for what remains quite a young team.

3 Likes

:thinking:

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1818333522404511967?t=5JWMv7r570sgRHt0mHwfXw&s=19

Damn, a one year loan for Osimhen in exchange for Lukaku…how much did they pay for him? Over 100M Euros I think, so that he could mostly play in Serie A. I guess Napoli would add to his Serie A shirt collection

1 Like

I didn’t realise he was still there…

Feels almost like the financial decisions made by Chelsea rival only Kwarteng…

3 Likes

Roma last season, Inter the year before - but he still have a couple of years left on his contract. At last one of the years Chelsea loaned him out before summer training even started.

1 Like

They have accepted an offer for Gallagher of what is reported to be only 33m. Not a bad deal for someone with only a year left, but another mark of their bad strategy that they could be forced into a position of losing one of their few good performing players from last season and do so for so comparatively little

2 Likes

12M less than what Villa offered, but you can see why they would not want to strengthen as a club they are now trying to catch.

The interesting thing is whether Gallagher accepts the move or tries to force through the move to Villa

2 Likes

Gallagher’s had two contract renewal offers - one late last year, which he turned down, as well as turning down the Aston Villa contract offer he had on the table.

He received another offer this summer, but rejected that - so clearly feels he’s not being valued, and makes sense that they are happy to let him move to Spain.

He’s a combative midfielder - right up Simeones street

1 Like

Yeah, I think he is acting perfectly rationally. Chelsea have both flooded the squad with new players to play his position and continued to float him as a saleable asset that is attractive to paper pushers to get off their books because of the pure profit it would generate. In this time he has established himself as an important player for them (22-23) and then further developed into one of their few positives from last season, and at no point did the club shift away from viewing him as a saleable asset that could be leveraged to fuel more spending. Even the contract offers offered during the previous season were more to tie him down and preserve his sale price than any show of commitment to him and so the rational position is to refuse to accept any offer so that with each passing month you get closer to being able to dictate your own career path rather than having the club force you out when it suits them.

1 Like

I wonder what it was about being used as an expendable piece of meat that made him reluctant to sign a new contract.

4 Likes

They are getting battered by a barely second string city side. I get it’s pre-season etc, but they have looked pathetic everytime I have seen them. Not in terms of the scoreline, but just overall cluelessness.

2 Likes