Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Raheem Sterling banished to the outer circle at Chelsea, stripped of his No.7 shirt.

https://x.com/SkySportsPL/status/1826277013667389754?t=TwBJseZaYVu8VV7hvjsj8g&s=19

I assume he’s one of those that gets paid quite well - maybe he’ll do a Lukaku and bounce around various European clubs for a bit on loan.

Ben Chilwell also told he can leave.

1 Like

If Sterling were to be let go on a free, would anyone here take him back?

30 year old speed merchant with erratic finishing, last scored 10+ goals three seasons ago. He is only 18 months younger than Salah, and we are wondering what is next for him. I think we would be better off looking elsewhere, and not because of any bitterness. It would have to be the right stop-gap contract.

5 Likes

Steven Caulker would like to know your location.

4 Likes

Exactly - I would even suggest Caulker was a better gamble. Unfortunate personal issues, but was entering his prime and had many good physical characteristics. Sterling seems to be a player who will fall in status quickly when the 21 year old midfielders are keeping up with him.

1 Like

No - but if Carney Chukwuemeka were available… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Bringing Sterling in for Gomez to bully might at least keep Joe happy for a bit so it’s not all downsides for the idea

5 Likes

I was at my son’s school tonight and saw this table football game which reminded me of Chelsea.

10 Likes

Or just get the southern jessies to train longer. Reduce their wages down to a foodstamp level 10,000 pounds an hour.

Would not be my first choice, but, under certain conditions I would take him as a stopgap/mentor.

IE. Salah tells the club he will leave in 12 months when his contract runs out. Slott looks at our options to replace Salah, and says Doak is the one, but is 2 years away from being fully ready. Bring Sterling in on a 2 year deal, can fight with Gomez for 12 months, then has 1 year in between Salah leaving and Doak being ready to take the RW spot. And Doak gets the benefit of learning from Salah and Sterling in that time period.

1 Like

4 Likes

As I said, not my first choice but if he filled a senior mentor type role for a short period, then it would not be the worst decision.

1 Like

Mentor? Mentoring what? Being a prick?

5 Likes

If we were to sign Sterling as a stopgap then there would have been a significant recruitment failure as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

No, please no.
Are you suggesting every lfc player should start running with some strange mannerisms?

2 Likes

3 Likes

18 Likes

Macabre but still a bit funny (from the beeb)

6 Likes

Sky sports reporting that Chelsea want to buy Jadon Sancho.

2 Likes

I think they think that if they buy enough wide attackers, they’ll be able to do this

Question then is…whose foot is going up whose arse :rofl:

2 Likes