Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Assuming that Eghbali is the stand in for clearlake, then it is a wreck of their own making and based on their approach this summer is seems is not even something they would consider to be a wreck.

1 Like

Could be a smokescreen for another method of money changing hands between their inner circle

Reminds me of the fall out between Hicks and Gillette.

1 Like

Shhhhhhh.

Chelsea might improve as a result of this.

Don’t go giving them ideas.

1 Like

7 Likes

Truthfully, I think Jackson has the attributes and potential to actually be very good. He’s young, wasteful, but productive.

Extending the contract of a player already contracted to 2031 is just absurd however. Can’t say I’m surprised, it is Chelsea afterall.

3 Likes

One of the analyses on their situation claimed that the majority of these new signings were on relatively meager wages, but with clear markers for what they needed to achieve to trigger increases. Some of the analyses have suggested despite the explosion of players their overall salary commitment is now lower than when this group took over. The only thing I can think of to justify extending a contract that already has 7 more years left to run is that he hit some sort of milestone and the extension kicked in automatically at a different salary.

3 Likes

Just a ploy to increase the transfer value of the player.

1 Like

No, because the contract expiry is so far out already it makes minimal difference - and an increase in salary probably reduces the value to another club of the player because his wage expectations will have risen if approached for a move.

@Limiescouse 's explanation probably makes the most sense. The only other reason I can think of is for amortization purposes (KLAAXON) but I can’t see how that would be make that much difference at the moment.

1 Like

His previous contract (to 2031) was reported as £65kpw. Wonder how much more he will be on now. I’d say £65kpw was probably a slight overpay for a rough diamond like him.

Does make sense that its some kind of automatic clause kick in.

That’s roughly half the wage of a first teamer at Liverpool isn’t it? I would figure Chelsea’s wages are generally higher ?

I get in premier league terms that is not a lot of money, but I don’t see that he’s done anything that would justify increasing it. Rather, the more he plays the more confident most people probably are that he isnt the guy.

He might break his leg tomorrow.

There are N number of factors that can go wrong.

Injuries , loss of form , confidence… New flavours of the season coming through.

I suppose with a lesser salaries , Chelsea can easily move him on to a new club.

It’s all based on hearsay, but some of the wages reported for our first teamers aren’t dissimilar to Jackson;

Elliot - £40kpw
Diaz - £55kpw
Konate - £70kpw
Kostas - £75kpw

But going by age, we do pay a bit more to some, with Gravenberch on £150kpw, along with Macca. Jots is on £140kpw

All via Sportac which is one of a couple of shady websites to give ideas.

Chelsea have a lot more per annum in terms of wages to pay out than we do though.

1 Like

How the hell did Gravenberch secure a £150k pw contract?

I mean, it looks now like he’ll probably justify it, but I doubt anyone was saying that six months ago lol

Must have been close to what he was getting at Bayern.

I don’t know the current spending rules well enough, but one of the more striking elements of the efforts to put a cost control regime in European football in general is how determined the game is to learn absolutely nothing from other sports, and therefore repeat the same mistakes. Is is possible that the PL or UEFA has failed to cover the backloaded contract scenarios, in either the Bobby Bonilla (MLB) or the Kovalchuk (NHL) versions?

2 Likes

Barca have been deferring payment for so many years for so many players that I read one estimate saying close to 50% of their current commitments are for players who dont even play there anymore.

Bless him.

6 Likes