Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Aren’t Azpillicueta, Christensen and Rudiger all out of contract this summer too?

They probably won’t all go, but they could find themselves in a mess if they did. Their best defender is 37 as well.

1 Like

1 Like

Could see them going back for Kounde.

Christensen and Rudiger are the two big ones out of contract in the summer with legit big clubs interested. Christensen has had Bayern and Utd and Rudiger has Real. Even with everything going right at the club, these are the sorts of overtures that a plastic club like Chelsea would always have trouble fending off. Add in the Tuchel factor, of dropping Christensen allegedly to motivate him to sign the contract Chelsea had offered, and these guys will be fighting for the door.

But Jorginho, who will be going into the last year of his contract in the summer, is now being linked to Juve. Again, who turns down an institution like Juve to stay at Chelsea?

3 Likes

It’s funny how importances of Chelsea’s CB changed over the time. Under Frank, Rudiger was almost last choice and close to leaving, now he’s arguably their 1st choice CB. Back then, there was a lot of faith in Tomori, but he’s gone. Christensen also, there was a time when he had some weak periods like Stones, but is now also back. Zouma played also, but has now dropped a level below at West Ham.

Chelsea are at the Club World Cup next week. How does that affect their season? Do they have to play their kids in the FA Cup?

2 Likes

Tomori looked excellent almost every time I saw him play for Milan. Whether that’s the thing of coaching, the league, a combination of factors, I can’t tell but I think he was one worth persisting with. Rudiger seemed unplayable, I’ve always thought there’s a decent player in him but if he’s merely playing for a big contract this season, he couldn’t have done it better. Christensen always seemed enigmatic to me and I’m not even sure if Chelsea want to keep him or make him sign a new contract to protect his value. I think that they’ll have to invest big in this position in the summer.

1 Like

Dembele having a medical right now at Chelsea so it has been reported

Yeah, I’m not saying all decisions they made were right, but that it was interesting how a lot of their CB’s changed in the pecking order in a pretty short while, from manager to manager. I see similarity between Christensen and Stones par example, they’re still wanted because they can play out from the back. They might seem enigmatic to other team’s fans (like perhaps Matip or Gomez could seem to a City/Chelsea fan), but are capable of some top stuff. I also expect them to invest this summer in those positions, like possibly going back for Kounde, etc.

1 Like

Chelsea operate with the short-medium term in mind. It’s an expensive way to do business, but over the course of Abramovichs reign they’ve won plenty of silverware, including two CLs and a few PLs, along with domestic domestic silverware. It’s come at the cost of a high level of manager and player churn, but the club can afford that.

Tuchel will likely be given time after this season, but gone by middle of next season. At that point, players will be shipped off, more brought in, and the next 3-4 year phase of Chelsea will begin.

1 Like

Not sure Abramovich wants to build a dynasty that is about Chelski…
Think he wants to build a dynasty that is about himself… hence the short-term turnover

1 Like

It’s more to do with the fact that fwank is defensively naive. There’s no way a half decent manager would have a team consisting the likes of rudiger , christensen , azpiliqueta , kante and jorginho be that dire.

Kepa having howlers didnt help too but its mostly to do with frank unable to take the positives from the sarri reign

I agree. Just that chelsea right now are self sufficient. They generate enough in player sales etc to fund their big ticket purchases and revamps. They’ve also got a good core of homegrown players now as well too.

Point is Roman doesnt need to fund them anymore.

Conte:

“Kulusevski - good player, very young and great talent. He can play No 9 or No 10 but also has the potential to play wing-back. Good quality.”

:joy: This is amazing.

1 Like

He wants to sports wash and distance himself in the public’s perception from the things he did to “earn” his fortune. It’s the main reason he is so sensitive to reporting/books like this

3 Likes

That’s not quite right. They had a transfer embargo and spent big just before and right after and again now on Lukaku and it wasn’t all Chelsea Football Clubs hard earned dosh.

2 Likes

With the new loan system coming in the next season where you can only loan out 8 players,that’s going to be a massive loss of earnings and player development to Chelsea,when they loan about 30/40 players a year,that’s a big kick in the teeth to the way they run the club and make cash.

6 Likes

Can clubs still buy players from associated clubs? I guess that is how city will get around this.

2 Likes

Doesn’t apply to players under 21 or club trained players. Bet your socks that they will be gaming that as far as they can.

1 Like

As things stand

Feb 9: CWC semifinals
Feb 12: CWC final
Feb 19: Palace
Feb 22: Lille
Feb 27: League Cup final

Thanks @mattyhurst

3 Likes