Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

They play Palace on the 19th and Lillie on the 22nd

2 Likes

There is unfortunately more leeway than that. I’m not sure with the way rules are written what specific problem they are trying to solve, but it doesnt seem bother by the practice of treating youth products only as assets to be controlled and the value maximized. It limits its scope to only senior players, and even then only to international sides. Think about the sort of loans Countinho is on now, where you’re trying to financially mitigate the costs of an expensive flop you cannot move on. Sure, Chelsea have had a fair few of them, but it’s still a different model than they exploit with their youth farm.

Over time the numbers allowed are due to get smaller, and that may close off some options for some of their kids and force them sell on some of their academy products earlier in their development than they do. that trickle down effect might make their youth farm slightly less profitable, but I cannot see it drastically changing their approach.

2 Likes

Our schedule is significantly worse than that.

2 Likes

Hopefully they struggle through this though nice to see James Richardson hosting the show.

Pat Nevin was boring me to bits on “poor Chelsea having to play so many games” I turned it off.

He came into a place I worked at in London in the early 2000s. As soon as he arrived one of my colleagues asked him his thoughts on something that was happening in the Spanish league at the time. I expected him to make a quick reply and move on but he really got into it with my mate and they were chatting for about half an hour! He really loves his football and seems to be a good bloke too :+1:

2 Likes

mads mikkelsen smirk GIF

5 Likes

Yeah he comes across as such.

1 Like

They’ve had warnings weeks ago…

2 Likes

Forced to play extra time. 1-1 after 90 minutes.

1 Like

Should we be supporting Chelsea here because they’re also European?

No.

Was trying to be sarcastic… difficult sometimes in this medium…

3 Likes

Not a foul and Palmeiras would have gone on a counter. Garbage ref.

Harsh penalty against Palmeiras. Chelsea is ahead with less than 5 minutes to go in ET.

Chelsea’s 28th major trophy.

They now have: 2 CL’s, 2 Europa League’s, 2 Cup Winners’ Cups, 2 European Supercups, 1 Club World Cup.

Arsenal have 31 major trophies and in Europe only 1 Cup Winners’ Cup.

Are Chelsea now England’s 3rd biggest club or not yet?

:slight_smile:

Still manufactured plastic, another trophy isn’t going to change that.

4 Likes

Won by a fake pen…

1 Like

Still got no history

2 Likes