Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Led By Donkeys (@ByDonkeys) Tweeted: In France and Germany they’re seizing super-yachts. In London… nothing

2 Likes

Happy with that so long as Roman walks away with nothing.

1 Like

I guess my point is that it shouldn’t be his choice. The asset gets taken from him and sold. He gets naff all.

Roman can take a hike through Ukrainian mud as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

I mean…if I had a yacht I wouldn’t park that baby in London.

1 Like

I read that right before the invasion Abramovich pulled his yacht out of Barcelona. The implication being he was notified by the Kremlin that war was about to start, and also, perhaps, that the yacht would be safer on the open sea?

1 Like

Depends if he was hoping to a withdrawal I guess

UEFA are a not-for-profit organisation with revenues between 3 to 4 billion euros a year. If the suits at UEFA were not so fond of the brown envelopes, they could pay top dollar for lawyers if they really wanted to.

But their incentive is, like FIFA, reap secret payments in return for giving tournaments to the likes of Putin, etc, or getting their anonymous offshore bank accounts increased to turn a blind eye to certain things.

Every once in a while, they will show some teeth, but that’s just for the pretence of virtue signalling to the world that they are doing the right things.

3 Likes

And they pick their targets wisely

1 Like

Are Saudi Arabia planning an invasion (disregarding the indiscriminate bombing in Yemen)?

4 Likes

She really is talking out of her arse

5 Likes

That’s bad enough isn’t it? I mean the fact that there hasn’t been as much of an outrage about what KSA is doing to Yemen should raise some really uncomfortable questions about so called civilisation.

7 Likes

Protecting her assets…which may come from dubious sources.

1 Like

Dare I say (and I do) that the “other” getting bombed is different from Europeans getting bombed?

4 Likes

Agree that it is terrible that suffering is perceived differently, but I think the Ukraine situation has a much more existential feel.

Random football thoughts on Chelsea

Kai Havertz is garbage and isn’t going to come good. Another in the long line of being good enough at 18 to tear up Germany but doesn’t have the quality to do the same in England.

Mendy has seemingly been elevated above Alisson in the rankings of “world’s best goalkeeper”. This promotion, at least in most of the podcasts I listen to, came directly after the League Cup final… A final in which he was directly at fault for both of Liverpool’s best chances - the Mane double save (should have been a better first save) and the Salah lob that was cleared by Silva (his poor clearance gave the ball straight to us in midfield). Then he was substituted because his manager doesn’t trust him to face penalties.

Lars Sivurdsson was the only journo I’ve heard who has pushed against the current Mendy narrative. Alisson is still head and shoulders above him, and Kelleher was the best GK on the pitch last weekend

8 Likes

And in other news, Mrs Staveley finds it upsetting that the honourable Prince Andrew has had to stop his royal duties because of who he was friends with.

9 Likes

Well yeah, we are about to get it up the arse if Putin blows up a nuclear reactor.

Point was Saudis should never have been allowed to buy Newcastle

4 Likes

That’s wrong. But let’s not derail this thread.

1 Like

It’s absolutely not. The real threat of nuclear conflict makes it much more existential across the globe.

1 Like