Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the real Chelsea fans, the ones who did not jump on the Abramovich bandwagon like a good friend of mine who lives overhere in The Hague and was born and raised in London. He supposed them for over 50 years in good times and bad and now has to watch them going to pieces.

4 Likes

I see they are away to Middlesbrough, I assume now Middlesbrough can just sell the entire stadium to their own fans.

This is brilliant, if the players are restricting from being sold I actually reckon under contract law that means they may even be forced to allow them to leave on free :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll put on the @Kopstar signal…

bat signal batman GIF by Tech Noir

2 Likes

If a transfer has been agreed then I imagine that the government will allow that to go ahead (it would create too many issues to try and prevent it) but with the sale proceeds being put in an escrow account. If no transfer has actually formally been agreed then it cannot be completed. That would only be the case for players whose contract currently extends into next season as free agents would not need a transfer agreement, even those under 23. Any compensation that would be assessed for those players would, I imagine, also need to be placed in escrow.

6 Likes
1 Like

Feel sorry for them.

1 Like

Just dawned on me that this doesn’t really hurry RA much does it? He’s pretty much already written off what Chelsea owe him.

Would there be an Avenue for contract cancellations?

1 Like

While I understand and agree on the need to do whatever is possible to put pressure on Putin through his money sources like these oligarchs, but with this, not sure whether it will affect thousands of ground level employees… Not sure whether the sanctions will reach to that extent but I am sure the ground level employees will be worried.

2 Likes

Can we nick Kante?

Too soon?

It was never really about the debt. That usually gets deducted from the value of the asset anyway.

Its also a relatively small fraction of his assets anyway.

Christensen, Rudiger and Azpilicueta are their first teamers out of contract this summer.

Charly Musonda, Sam McClelland, Josh Brooking, Xavier Simons, George McEachran, Dion Rankine and Thierno Ballo are out of contract for the U23s.

Probably none of those would be overly interesting for Liverpool.

3 Likes

Hard to say. There are often reputational/morality clauses in contracts now, particularly commercial ones; but it would be difficult to argue this point to the extent needed to rely on a repudiatory breach. It seems likely that the players will still continue to be paid so there’s no grounds to cancel there. The licence means that the club will continue to participate in sporting fixtures so there do not appear to be sporting just cause grounds. Not being able to leave the club when under contract (and without already having agreed an onward transfer) doesn’t place the player in a different position than they would otherwise be; although there would be an interesting argument about whether any release clauses could now be triggered. I would imagine that the answer would be yes but the proceeds would need to be held in escrow.

Hard to see any players would have solid grounds for cancelling their contract though or treating it as repudiated. That also wouldn’t get them over the hurdle of needing the club to release their registration either.

3 Likes

Seems they are being paid so I can’t see it as an issue, I assume it won’t hit attendances massively for the league but CL it could if it works similar to us.

This could turn out to be the greatest season in the history of football.

7 Likes

Chelsea could keep them employed and put them on gardening leave if they wanted to do the right thing by them.

The sanctions are currently only in place until the 31st of May as I understand it. It’d be a drop in the ocean to keep paying these people until the situation becomes clear. I imagine a huge number of them would be casual workers or minimum wage staff anyway so it’s not going to cost that much.

1 Like

How is he at taking penalties?

Any good?

5 Likes

Their player transfer fees or prices have probably taken a big hit now. Couple of trolls trolling them in twitter would be enough to make most players take note and agitate for a move away.

Chelsea either have to cut the player lose or accept to lose the player with a huge discount.

This is assuming that the sale of chelsea doesnt happen by the start of next season.

Would he do the job adrian does for us ?