Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

So who do we think runs the bank account then…FA???, government??, banks???..I think my take on it is down to trust…and I certainly don’t trust the way all of a sudden they can sell tickets, when 2 weeks ago the banking sector/FA were adamant that no tickets would be sold…it stinks of something and it aint perfume…

1 Like

The whole point is to prevent Abramovich from dealing with his assets. It’s actually quite extraordinary that Chelsea’s operations have been restricted as much as they have.

1 Like

If it’s going into escrow it will likely be the FCA or the Treasury Solicitor.

1 Like

It’s as if the government doesn’t really know what it is doing, made a hasty Chelsea decision - likely to try to deflect from its own delay in letting oligarchs move their assets out of London - and then saw that the Chelsea decision went further than punishing the owner, which was presumably the intent.

Ill conceived populist move by the government, now with back-pedaling aplenty.

Shitshow.

2 Likes

The authorities also specified two weeks ago they were open to changes as long as it didn’t lessen the impact of sanctions on Abramovic, particularly if it aided the sale of the club. The aim was never to torch the club.

1 Like

I think a lot a people/football fans will be outraged by this …but I suppose if the legalities are there, then sobeit…but would live too see how many people/fans think the ‘monies’ will end up in the dirty hands of Abramaputin…

Didn’t Chelsea have fans at the Middlesbrough game? Or am I mistaken?

They would have bought tickets before the sanctions had been brought in.

I’ve a question mate: if the club gets sold in the next weeks, no doubt for a hefty fee, to whom will the money go? Surely not to Abramovic, but then to whom? To the UK government? Have they said something in that regard?

To nobody at first. Ultimately it would obviously need to be paid out to someone as it can’t be held in escrow forever. This will depend on the outcome of legal processes but unless the authorities can show these are proceeds of crime then the majority is likely to end up being paid to Abramovich.

The western democracies can generally seize (and hold) or freeze assets for finite periods but not actually take ownership of them, unless these are ill-gotten gains of a crime, which would need to be proven.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Yeah, I was suspecting that it wouldn’t be as easy as the government seizing the money. Then again, the same applies probably to all these seized yachts. So, in the long term, they’ll remain property of those dirty Putin cronies then…

1 Like

Most likely, yes.

2 Likes

They could put it into one of these escrow accounts…and when this war by putin is over…use the money to rebuild the Ukraine…and that includes money collected from all these oligarchs…

1 Like

Based on what I remembered from some podcasts I listened to last week, in the US it is different parts of the Federal government responsible for these two acts. It’s the DoJ that seizes them and I think the Treasury that freezes. It’s not just the bar for the DoJ to act being way higher than is required for freezing them, but also shouldn’t even be thought of as relaed sequential steps, but completely independent decision process.

1 Like

SSN reporting Rudigers’ agents are looking at a signing on fee of £25m. Still good value for money for whoever gets him I guess.

1 Like

I’ve never really rated Rudiger if I am honest.

1 Like

Rudiger is a very good CB.

Rudiger is very good in the back 3, he was crap in the back 4. A bit like David Luiz or Marcus Alonso albeit those 3 are all very different players.

The role he’s currently in allows him to use his physicality and worry less about his positional discipline and that suits.

2 Likes

Over at our corner of the Far East, CB as anglised from a local dialect is short for c*nt. :wink: :smile: