Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Yep, as @Colossal_centre_back says, the one where a goal was disallowed if it hit the arm/hand of an attacking player, regardless of intent, made more sense and yet that’s apparently been abandoned this season?

Not abandoned, they have just tightened up the scenarios around when it applies. They are now only going to apply it for the person who scores or who gave him the ball. But the very fact that is even discussed shows there is a different standard for defenders vs attackers.

Yeah, still expected they would score tonight and well done for coming back but it was WBA lads they’ve been shocking.

3 Likes

Is that a Parody account?

2 Likes

The Werner interview also mentioned how confused he was by the keepers diving on the left side of the goal.

That’s not the rule though as Dier handled the ball in almost exactly the same way a minute earlier and VAR cleared it, also Lascelles handled it a few minutes before that and VAR once again gave nothing.

The rule, apparently, is that it is handball when the defender’s arms are outside the “silhouette” of the body or anytime their arm is raised above the shoulder.

As I’ve said before I don’t think it’s possible to write a handball rule that makes sense for every scenario. It’s funny that the handball rule has been referee interpretation for all these years despite them not having the facility to review their own decision - now we can let them review it and we take away their ability/right of interpretation!

7 Likes

Yes, the ‘body area’ or silhouette is basically the only scrap of judgement left.

This is what ‘consistency’ looks like if you push it too far.

And I have to say, one of the few positive things you can say is that it has been fairly consistent. Pointing to something like the Lascelles incident that wasnt given, when his arms were almost perfectly pulled in to the midline of his torso (the front sided Moreno) and crying “consistency” is just needlessly adding fuel to a fire. It is a bad rule because of the incidents it punishes, not because of these it still hasnt found a way to punish. But I guess this is what pundits do.

1 Like

If Dier wasn’t such a fat twat he’d be able to keep his arms by his side,being built like a brick shithouse doesn’t help imo.

1 Like

Chelsea coach Frank Lampard handed Marcos Alonso a furious dressing down in front of his team-mates after the left-back tried to watch the second half of their game at West Brom on the team coach rather than with the rest of the substitutes.

Multiple sources have told The Athletic that Lampard confronted Alonso following the 3-3 draw on Saturday evening having discovered he went to the bus on his own without permission after being taken off at half-time.

Insiders have described Lampard as being “the angriest they’ve ever seen him” as he lambasted Alonso for his actions in front of stunned team-mates. It is believed the Chelsea boss made a point of saying how while the side had shown great togetherness, determination and character to fight back from three goals down to earn a point, the Spain international had shown he wasn’t bothered about the team and that he made the situation all about him.

One source explains: “The players were saying they have never seen the manager like this. It kicked off after the game and he was going mad at Alonso. Some were talking about how they’d be surprised if he plays for Chelsea ever again.”

Observers at the game did spot the 29-year-old within 10-15 minutes of the restart back inside the confines of the ground, but were surprised to see him in a different area to where the away group are expected to be, especially with strict COVID-19 protocols in place.

Alonso will have two years left on his contract at the end of this season, but his actions have put his future at Stamford Bridge in serious doubt. Inter Milan and Juventus have been linked with him in recent months, while Emerson has attracted interest from both Serie A clubs too, plus London rivals West Ham.

1 Like

Thank god he didn’t try to drive it.

7 Likes

Its started already after 3 games.

3 Likes

I don’t see what the point of doing this is…

It would have been better to have had a quiet word around the side, to lamblast someone in front of their colleagues is poor management and a bit of a bully, I wouldn’t dream of doing it when I’ve had issues with staff.

The fact he is building up a 3-3 draw against WBA as the miracle of Istanbul is comedy mind, a team with a bit more experience in the PL probably shut that door, luck in my view.

3 Likes

Lot of pressure on Frank now Roman has outlayed all that money; Ive already been thinking who can they call on once they sack Frank. They used to pull out Hiddink at times like these but he is contracted to Curacao at the moment. I just cannot see Frank lasting he does not have the experience to make this mixed bag gel, and Chelsk wont know their best eleven for sometime to come. On balance I’d leave him there to rant and pop.

1 Like

Poch and Allegri are both on the market. However, with PSG almost certainly looking for a new manager by the end of the season at the latest, and Pep’s time at City possibly coming to end, you could see a couple of other owners get a bit twitchy and make a move sooner than they otherwise would in fear of these top managers getting snapped up. Ole and Fwank, Im talking about you.

3 Likes

John Terry to the rescue,lock up your wives.

9 Likes

Phil Brown and Rodgers spring to mind.

1 Like

Managing Chelsea: drives you to drink.

1 Like

Is there any more money Roman.

4 Likes