Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

For me Touchel never goes all out attack like Klopp and Pep there is a inner Maureen in there and it holds them back.

2 Likes

He’s a step down from Klopp and Pep, I agree. But after those two, it’s Tuchel, Conte and tough to say who else, at least in the Prem.

No, he goes all out on weird NosferaTuchel body contortions

4 Likes

100%. They will finish 20 points behind the Champions. For context, in the first season of Rafa, we finished around 25 points behind the Champions. They have a good and deep squad and there’s nothing to justify the way they lost ground to us and Cheaty.

3 Likes

11 Likes

I think it is interesting the way 2 managers in a row have now tried and failed to figure out how the various pieces they bought fit together. A lot of the limitations of the side last year were put at Lampard’s door, but what we’re seeing is that even Tuchel cannot figure out the best way to get a tune out of the collection players in the attacking third where its not straight forward to figure out where they individually need to play. Another great example of misguided squad building.

On ESPN they were talking about whether Chelsea and Lewi was an obvious fit because what they are missing is goals. What that overlooks is they have spent 260 million quid on 4 new attacking players in the past 2 seasons. They have just thrown a collection of them together without seemingly thinking about how they will each fit in. Sure, they probably need another signing to fix it, but it cannot just be done by looking at a player and saying “he scores goals” and assuming that addresses their issues.

4 Likes

Yep, having money is very helpful, but having a clear plan on how to spend it is better again.

3 Likes

And they thought they were being so fucking cute hoovering up all the ‘top talent’ across Europe at knockdown prices when everyone else was skinted out because of the pandemic. :laughing:

1 Like

Any legs on the latest news about the sale? I thought that Abramovich “loved” his club and if that is true, it’s unlikely that it will be a scorched earth policy and let the team go under.

3 Likes

Presumably their defence will be overhauled this summer which may help them switch to a back four and adopt a more favourable system for their attacking players?

The defense getting revamped, or least retooled with players already at the club, is a certainty with the players they are losing, but I dont know that a switch a back 4 helps. I agree that I think the 3 CBs has probably contributed to some of the issues they’ve had with their attack, but think it suits a good number of the players they’ll need to rely on next year. I think James would be fine, but he definitely benefits from the added attacking freedom. Alonso on the other hand has shown repeatedly he isnt good enough at this level as FB. I think Silva would likely feel really exposed by losing a CB at this stage of his career, and Chaloboh and Sarr havent played at this level in a back 4.

1 Like

The more I read on the sale the more it appears that Chelsea the club are going to get to write off the debt. It is possible that all of the reporting on it is simply bad and missing this part of the story, but I have not seen a single piece address how this debt will be managed from an FFP perspective (whether league of UEFA), which suggests to me it simply isnt a consideration.

2 Likes

Is there still a chance Roman decides to scuttles the deal and the May deadline passes and Chelsea have to be kicked out of Europe (and maybe even the PL)? Or could the govt step in? Would Roman destroy his ‘legacy’ and do this to the club he ‘loves’?

1 Like

On the debt, it is scandalous that nobody is reporting the fact that Chelsea have been artificially inflated to the tune of £1.6 Billion and it is about to be written off at the stroke of a pen. If that’s how it happens, you could imagine Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia citing this as precedent, so the fading notion that the game has financial regulations and structure will be completely gone.

As for the related story, as the old adage goes, “follow the money!” Abramovich sounded very magnanimous early on, when he was getting the heck out of dodge. I don’t even want the loan to be repaid. Honest.

Not so fast. The shell company looks like it has his children as beneficiaries. Not quite funding the children of the war, in the sense we were led to believe, is it?

The government - useless at most things, but in this instance, possibly useful, though we will see - appears to be standing strong, and wants to make sure the funds will be deposited in an escrow account that will genuinely be used for the stated charitable aims.

And if Abramovich doesn’t play ball, Chelsea might be about to be sunk like the Moskva.

My best guess is the Ineos fella will circle back into the picture, in a jingoistic, nationalistic sort of way. After the Scousers booed the establishment, old Boris might go for that shit. Just speculating though.

2 Likes

I hope this shitshow carries on until after the Summer transfer window closes.

5 Likes

Dont think it would need the booing to do that. The guy who owns Ineos was publically supportive of Brexit, so will probably have had a ‘professional relationship’ with him from that if not before.

Not sure Boris does ‘professional’ anything

If it goes like everything else they have a hand in expect Chelsea to be in League 2 soonish.

2 Likes

Embarrassing comments from Tuchel here, a desperate attempt to defend his record.

Kante has played more league minutes than Thiago for comparison.

3 Likes

How is it Chelsea play crap agaisnt anyone but is?

2 Likes