Darwin NUNEZ: 2022/23

You can’t win on Twitter, sometimes no matter how right you are. I don’t have it, but saw a few times how it looks like, I guess it’s just like war in comments sections. Nunez should just relax and really not let a few comments after two bloody friendly games irritate him.

2 Likes

yes.

this is a tiny edge of a red flag for me…

that its even registered with the player after whatever training sessions is an alarm bell of sorts.

Klopp, id imagine, will be all over this.

for two reasons…

1. it means he takes notice of and reacts to online comments
    2.encourages online comments
3 Likes

I still remember Torres first pre-season. He looked absolutely shit, and I remember thinking we should have gone for Darren Bent.

1 Like

It’s not just 2 games though.

The Darwin rumour thread was closed on 14JUN. That’s over a month without a goal. Lad needs to pull his finger and stop [insert whatever perfectly normal thing people do that people take odd offense to when the football team he plays for hasnt won/won by enough]

Hendo will have a word with him on social media and mental health. Doesn’t Hendo let a group to handle his social media accounts?

Yeah, its me Ifti and Gasbag. We’re doing a great job. Discouraging nudity, stomping on trolls, encouraging charitable stuff etc.

You assume that is him and not just his agency

While I would of course think its good for them to stay off social media, but it would not bother me as long the players translate all the criticism into performances on the field that would shut these people off.

However, for Darwin, it is really 2 preseason performances in a climate he is not used to and a blistered foot and in a new team and new system, I think its just people who are out there who are just so eager to see him fail because of the praises that keep coming our way for our transfer dealings so now with Darwin as our most expensive signing, they just cannot wait to see him fail so they can gloat, so they would even criticise him for the first 2 preseason games.

Of course Darwin can still be a dud but the track record of this management of protecting and introducing players at the right time has been so bloody great, that I believe Klopp is gonna do the same with Darwin.

Football Twitter is an absolute hellscape stacked with 13 year olds who say things like “ratio” and “you don’t know ball”. They make YouTube “reactors” look like philosophers.

2 Likes

The sad thing is they aren’t 13 they are far older than that.

Their knowledge is still of 13 year olds, though it’s more 8-9, those interested in the latest toys and then five minutes want something new. Then again seems the same with politics.

2 Likes

This boy is going to be class. This is the first time in a long time I’ve seen a player ply against us and been like “well we HAVE to sign him”.

I’m excited and can’t wait for him to settle.

The front 3 of Diaz on the left,
Salah on the right, Darwin in the middle.
Defenders are gonna be shitting themselves.

(PS - I don’t even think we’ve seen the best of Diaz yet - now that is a scary prospect!)

2 Likes

This. Completely agree and it’s an odd one for me. Clearly he’s feeling an inherent burden or pressure of expectations. He has to figure out a way to tune all of that out or it’s going to be a very long and miserable season if he’s already reacting to dipshit opinion on social media after 2 meaningless run outs.

Having said all of that, it’s disappointing to see a small portion of our own turning on him already. I expect the “bAnTZ” from opposing supporters, but to see our own labeling him a bum is embarrassing.

1 Like

I suspect that there are a lot of fake Liverpool fans accounts, vomiting their bile around whenever they can. That’s Twitter… absolutely hopeless and I wonder why anyone sensible would feel attracted to that kind of shit-show.

3 Likes

The guy literally played an hour of friendly football after he came back later to have a few training sessions before it.

Pressure is not even a word at this stage. Especially if he’s doing the rest well enough, battling, being involved, getting into chances, etc.

Pressure is when Crouch failed to score in his first 18 official games, that was a little bit tricky and you just wanted him to get one as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Thing is as I said it’s probably his agency who are unaware of this market and put it out, it also might just be that he is disappointed himself and wanted to put something out.

He isn’t telling them all to fuck off, that’s when Klopp and management would intervene.

What is talk from Rui Costa?

Fake:

1 Like

Give it 18 months and Mike Gordon will have to nip over the Lisbon and take Mr Costa our for dinner as an apology for taking their best player from them at such an attractive price.

1 Like

I couldn’t give a fuck about Benfica or any slime ball at that club.

In Jurgen I trust and just on this lads performance against us alone he is gonna be fucking brilliant.

Few early goals in the beginning of the season will settle whatever nerves he has :+1:t3:

He’ll draw a blank against Fulham and come off after an hour while looking a bit tired. We’ll win 3-0 anyway

He’ll get his first anfield start against Palace. We’ll give him the full 90 to try to run some form into his legs, but he’ll again fail to score while Mo and Diaz get 4 between them.

He’ll be subbed off against Utd after only 60 minutes…after scoring his third and going off to a standing ovation.

3 Likes