Darwin NUNEZ: 2022/23

Guilty as charged. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Heā€™s having English lessons.

Does he have time to fit them around his finishing lessons? :thinking:

2 Likes

Is he learning finish also? :woozy_face:

Finishing School

Started the move for the first goal from inside his own box. Easy to see why Klopp splashed a fortune for him. Firecracker :firecracker:.

5 Likes

His pace is deadly.

If he learns how to finish he will be a bargain, he also seems keen on defending which is good to see, I thought Robbo had a growth spurt and a tan at one point last night (off for an eye test on Wednesday thankfully).

3 Likes

Still not sure about the guy, but I do like how he combines with Salah. All 4 of his assists were for Mo. But not only that, there were many attacking actions this season when they found each other nicely (Mo shouldā€™ve passed a few more times last night). Good sign because realistically, even if theyā€™re not the same position, they both want to go in behind and be the main goalscorer. And the question is still there if we can have both doing what they do best and still have enough balance overall.

1 Like

Since the start of the season I am seeing people making comparisons between Darwin and Haaland. And I donā€™t blame anyone for falling into that trap, myself included. Because I have realised we are comparing apples and oranges.

Haaland is someone who will find space in the box and finish because he has many bodies behind him to feed that incisive pass. If not, he will draw attention of enough defenders for the likes of KdB, Mahrez etc to find enough space to have a go at the goal. Nothing more to his game I think. Works for teams like City though.

Darwin in other hand may not score as many. But he is involved back to front. Defending corners, transitioning ball during counters, providing assists and when possible scoring himself. I think these contributions are worth more to a club like us. Priceless if he can score more goals.

It may b early days but I am happy we have Darwin and not Haaland.

10 Likes

Hopefully he will be available against Real :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Think itā€™s ā€˜justā€™ a bruise/knock and heā€™ll make himself available with injection/pain killers.

In terms of pain shoulder injuries are the worst. Done my knee - felt nothing. Broke my elbow - felt nothing. But knocks on the shoulder hurt like hell. Donā€™t want to know how real injuries to the shoulders feel.

2 Likes

He played very well today, nice control, took his goal well. Salah could have played him in on a couple of occasions too. Pace, hunger, a nice finish todayā€¦ it is coming together, and as it clicks he wonā€™t look back.

I hope the shoulder injury isnā€™t too bad, and is just a knock. If it is sore he can have an injection and play through it against Real Madrid. Nunez is becoming a very important player for us, and he offers the best chance to get in behind them.

3 Likes

Can vouch for this. Strained both shoulder while working out. They pop and crack from time to time very painfully.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had my supraspinatus snap twice and my left supraspinatus once. All three times the pain was sickening. I recently dislocated two fingers and the pain was nothing in comparison.:nerd_face:

1 Like

Plays well every game, wonā€™t be long before he becomes our main man with Virgil and Mo slowly fading out.

2 Likes

What the fuck are you doing!?

Now? Taking it easy and taking care of my shoulders.

Then? The firstone snapped when I ā€˜being a Gentlemanā€™ lifeted a ladies suitcase from under a coach. I expected it to be light/ish but it felt like it had gold bullion in it. I wasnā€™t ready and my tendon snapped in my right shoulder. I had it fixed and it was fine. Nearly exactly twelve months later a car crashed into my car and the impact re-snapped it.
About eighteen months later I slipped on leaves while out running. Trying to protect my right shoulder I rolled to the left. All to no avail as when I landed I snapped the left tendon. :scream::nerd_face:

And your fingers?? :scream:

1 Like

What worries me is that our attack doesnā€™t function at all when heā€™s not playing, regardless of the role/position and regardless of his poor finishing. He always gives opponents something to worry about and always helps his defence. Real Madrid were probably already licking their lips at the prospect of playing this Liverpool side, they will be even happier to see it without Nunez.

1 Like

Oh, that! I was in goal for our walking football team. Iā€™m not a goalie but nobody else fancied it. Two minutes into the game a lad on the opposition with dynamite in his boots blasted one. I tipped it out for a corner but knew it had hurt my fingers. I caught the resulting corner and took my glove off. My fingers were at a funny angle so I nipped home and then went to our local walk in centre. An X ray confirmed dislocation. So two lovely nurses numbed my fingers and repositioned them. All sorted now. Just doing finger exercises to build the strength back up.
Two plusses came from it. Being treated by two lovely nurses and now I donā€™t have to go in goal anymore. :+1::nerd_face:

The nurses let me take a photo of the x ray. :nerd_face:

1 Like