Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Or worse… Everton

As an ‘elite level’ footballer. Like someone’s already suggested his level now is mid-table club.

:rofl:

andy cohen conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

2 Likes

Just think about what you’re saying here.

I’m sure if we all dedicated 100% to work then we’d all be better at our jobs. But we don’t because we pursue other interests. Nothing wrong with him doing the same.

He’s reached the top 0.1% of people who play football. Then used his profile to pursue a cause close to his heart so kids didn’t go hungry over the holidays like he used to. Other people, who could be concentrating on making themselves better at their job, are spending their time on football forums criticising someone for doing good instead of what, doing a few more keepie uppies?

And he’s the one that needs to focus on improving…

15 Likes

As in he will leave us, breathless?

Even I think this is a shite take. I just don’t believe he has the talent to be a top player for a top team, but he’s certainly free to focus on things other than football if he wants. Mane does a lot of philanthropic work too, and you’d never accuse him of sacrificing football for those pursuits.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Are you sure you’re not watching Francis Jeffers videos?

1 for 1 for England. Generational talent

1 Like

Oh come on. That’s massively cynical.

The lad grew up in poverty, facing the same issues that he campaigns on. He obviously cares a lot about it.

Mane funds hospitals and schools in his home nation. Is that ‘performative’.

Just cos someone plays for a rival, we should still be able to accept they are a decent human being.

8 Likes

Can we park the Rashford discussion in the Man U thread?
I want to get excited about our new record signing.

11 Likes

Oh he is a journalist with a blue tick sounds promising

So its done but as far as Benfica are concerned its not done?

1 Like

This tweet is ridiculous.

If Benfica still need to agree to it, then it isn’t done.

3 Likes

Surely they ain’t going to reject 100ish million.

Probably not, but if United offer the same and higher wages he could pick them. (Not that I think he would)

Basically it’s saying Man Utd have no chance as long as we are in for him.

2 Likes

A lot of journalists have said the hold is us negotiating over where the lump sum ends and the add ons begin

Record, the Portuguese paper who keep breaking the news around this, say that Utd offered a higher lump sum with much lower add ons and this was only kyboshed because Nunez wants us. Wouldnt be surprised if Benfica want a deal structured akin to the one utd submitted instead of what we’re trying to offer and there’ll still be a fair bit of haggling to go on.

4 Likes

Utd have done both those things and been told where to go. Nunez only wants us according to the portuguese media

1 Like