Darwin Núñez (FW) Benfica

We’ve been following BR’s little black book that he left behind as the door twatted his arse on the way out.

1 Like

I thought we’d bottomed out how the transfers work

The club (inc Klopp) know where the squad gaps lie. A list of potential players is pulled together (inc Klopps own suggestions). They are all assessed in terms of who would be best fit for the club and team. The club move on the best options and go from there.

And unlike United, new players’ likes on Insta and Twitter are not the number one guiding factor. Poor buggers.

That is utter hogwash.

There is way to much sensibility and nowhere near enough dumby spitting for that to ever work :wink:

Edwards wasn’t the only person in our scouting system. The important thing is that we had a structure and understanding of what we were looking for.

If Edwards was the only person at the club who understood how to find good players then yeah we are screwed. Seems extremely unlikely though.

3 Likes

As for as I know, Klopp and his recruiting team decide who has to come and go and Edwards now Ward does the negotiations with the player and club.

3 Likes

5 Likes

That is a good one!:joy:

Christ the redeemer! I still love that photo of Alisson face super imposed on that iconic statue, when he scored that goal against WBA.

He was our saviour that day and got us in Champions league.

3 Likes

There’s a bunch of analysts, scouts, data scientists and an even an astrophysicist if memory serves. It was pulling all these sources of knowledge and information together and presenting Klopp with ideas and options that was really Edwards power. The fact he’s gone but everyone else is still there is key to the continuity and the continued success.

I was reading about the troubles of Barca recently and it was highlighted that they’ve invested massively in a similar group of analysts and data folk and put together group that on paper would rival ours. But crucially, what they’ve not done is put someone in place who can effectively turn the knowledge and insights into a convincing enough story so that the money men actually listen instead of just signing random freebies or pretty shiny things that the manager doesn’t really want.

Ultimately, Klopp will have the final say. What’s great about him is he isn’t arrogant to think he knows more than all these other people. If there’s a convincing case he’ll clearly listen. Sign of a great leader that.

7 Likes

This is probably the secret to his success, and will probably be the hardest part for the club to find in his replacement.

1 Like

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

3 Likes

@ISMF1 Traffic up a bit today?

1 Like

That’s me for the past 2 days!

1 Like

Hope there hasn’t been a medical issue found in part 2. The last time a medical took this long was in the case of that Fekir chap…

I wouldn’t sweat on it.

4pm announcement imminent.

According to rumours we’ve found a slight chip in his tooth so Klopp’s on the phone to Dr Zaf Iqbal as we speak to get the issue resolved.

2 Likes

They found a crack in his ass, Ward now negotiating £5m off the fee…

3 Likes

Well at least it wasn’t a hole they found in his arse

1 Like

He didn’t chip it when biting opposition players did he?

3 Likes

Dont be daft. Uruguayan teeth are made of sterner stuff than that.

1 Like