Diogo JOTA: 2020/21

Jota looking very sharp!

1 Like

Now that was a proper performance, thanks for posting it @Livvy

1 Like

Portugal have formed a really nice team there, good depth, too.

1 Like

Yep - they even have the annoying character in their team in Bernardo Silva - total prick.

1 Like

Itā€™s rather strange that he is so likeable yet plays for Portugal,typically a lot of wankers in that team.

10 Likes

I donā€™t intend any disrespect toward you, but I would have thought youā€™d like Pepe. Lot of similarities. But I could be wrong.

8 Likes

Now wait a minute mate, my grandparents from my fatherā€™s side are from Madeiraā€¦ :confounded: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Makes sense tbf.

2 Likes

Is that a cake? :thinking:

1 Like

Heā€™s the one closest knocking the door to get in the first team. Very impressed with him yesterday.

2 Likes

Agreed. Hasnā€™t put a foot wrong imo.

1 Like

Phwoar, next Ā£100mil forward player on route. He seems this mix of Mane, Bobby, Salah.

Love it!

3 Likes

Yes, think we can safely say that for the first time ever the front 3 have got some genuine competition. This lad needs to be starting games soon.

8 Likes

IMO Jota deserves to be in the starting XI. Not for me to say who he starts in place of, but heā€™s worthy and deserving of a place for a run of games. He brings something different and energizing. I couldnā€™t be more thrilled heā€™s a Liverpool player.

3 Likes

This is what we missed for a good few years. That our 4th forward/1st backup forward is a player who is not that far at all. Itā€™s not the same situation as an Origi, when you hope you donā€™t have to use him that much. I really liked our forward backup trio last night, we shouldā€™ve made more of those counter attacks, but they were doing our footballing basics; pressing, combining and being a threat in behind.

10 Likes
8 Likes

He can do a job from either side but I think weā€™ll see the best of him from the left. His pass to Gini in midweek and his pass to Robbo today, both with his left while playing on the left, were outstanding bits of football. Also he can obviously come inside on his right too. Just like Mane he is genuinely too footed.

Heā€™s a player you canā€™t just label as a playmaker, runner etc, he looks like he does everything well. Looking like a great bit of business so far.

9 Likes

To add to this, heā€™s also a plucky bastard, he doesnā€™t know when to give up, does he? Liverpool previously going after Werner confused me in terms of Jotaā€™s role at Liverpool, I suspected Klopp would look to turn him into a runner/poacher but looking at his early days, he seems more comfortable with the ball at his feet than at any point in his Wolves career. West Ham and Man City will be proper tests for him for different reasons, though I kind of expect Klopp to revert to 4-3-3 and bench him again for those two particular matches.

4 Likes

:eyes:

10 Likes