Diogo JOTA: 2020/21

After having similar stats as Mane before he joined us, he’s literally following his footsteps here :wink:

7 Likes

He actually reminded me of Mane when he was at Wolves. Inconsistent but capable of world class brilliance in amongst some pretty weird stuff. He’s a bundle of energy this guy. Takes up some good positions. Could have had a hat trick last night. There is definitely another level to go to with Jota. Hopefully JK can bring it out of him because he has all the attributes to fit into our attack perfectly.

8 Likes

Very nice little goal there. It seems easy, but isn’t at all. The ball springs up to his chest and he has a fraction of second to shoot, and uses it to great avail. Very technical, sharp and precise shooting.

If this goal is a sign of things to come, then wow… :sunglasses: :muscle:

4 Likes

Great little cameo I thought.

Straight into the action and posed real problems down that left side, could have scored three!

3 Likes

Yeah class finish low driven bottom corner and settled the game.

1 Like

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/j1vrnp/a_few_words_from_jota/

11 Likes

Spotted one difference between Diogo and Sadio when they have the Ball.

Sadio stays out wide and doesn’t cut inside until he reaches opponents box.

Diogo cuts inside much earlier.

Diogo takes on the defense at the go. Mané teases them from a little distance challenging them to come and get thye ball. :smiley:
Very different players both very talented. Oh! and Mané goes back to defend in midfield Diogo doesn’t.

1 Like

Really like him. Only him,Salah and Robbo turned up v villa.

I didn’t see anything from him that suggested he isn’t on the naughty step with the other eight lads.

The only bye he gets is for being new.

1 Like

He was good in the first 20 minutes or so I think but like with most of the other guys, he also disappeared into oblivion as the match progresses. He is of course a very good player, just that this match, like the others with the exception of Salah and Robbo, he did not apply himself at all.

1 Like

He did show up for 20 minutes mind which bar Salah and Robbo is more than the rest did.

2 Likes

I’ve got eight of them on the naughty step, but it could easily be ten.

Jota gets a bye as he had a bit of a go, and is a newbie.
Mo gets a bye too, as he wasn’t terrible, but he wasn’t great either.

The only one of the bunch I’m definitely not putting on the naughty step is Andy Robertson.

1 Like

Should he have played the ball back to Adrián in the first place?

Not saying that the goalkeeper shouldn’t have done better, but Robbo had other options. If, as some claim, the team has to change its whole style of play as they don’t trust our number two goalie, why did Robbo play the ball back to him in the first place? :thinking:

2 Likes

When Sadio is back will The Boss give Jota a run down the middle to give Bobby a rest?

Jota flashed at times yesterday but I also think he tried to do too much and the ball went down the left entirely too often with the same result. Mo is still one of the 5 absolute best players in the world and he has gold dust in his boots. IMO he didn’t get enough chances down the right.

True. Robbo can get his arse on the naughty step too then!

The pass also came in to the goalie at an awkward height, and at a fair old pace. So on second thoughts the naughty step might be too good for Robbo!

Highlight reel goal for his second in the night on international duty

4 Likes

Two goals and an assist for Jota tonight.

Who needs Cristiano eh.

I assume he’s starting on Saturday.

2 Likes

4231 with Thiago and Henderson as the CM, Jota left, Mane right and Firmino central in the 3 and Salah as the 1. Protect our vulnerable keeper by full on attacking them and pinning them back. Make sure we score enough that if they score one or two on the counter or from mistakes of ours we will have still outscored them.

1 Like
12 Likes