Diogo JOTA: 2022/23

Should be first choice on the left now with Diaz out.

I think that’s still probably closest to his best position for us.

Could be the first proper run of games there now, as he had Mane and Diaz before there and he was covering/starting a little bit everywhere along the front.

People like Carvalho and Jones could get some minutes there.

Let’s do this Diogo. Back fit now and I have faith in him.

3 Likes

Klopp on Jota: :speaking_head:"Diogo was not planned [to miss out], that’s why yesterday he was in the press conference. Then you get a call from the medical department and ‘maybe he can play but not too long’, oh great." [@LivEchonews] #LFC

Either we just have the worst luck with injuries or our medical dept is :poop:

I do wonder about our department are they over cautious or something.

Only bonus is he was fit enough to make the bench And play some minutes.

Not sure how they can determine how many minutes he can play, I can understand on a player returning you could say well he isn’t fit enough to play more than a half.

But he has been playing.

Might not be scoring but he’s certainly involved! 4 assists last night I believe! Finally found a first touch!

Maybe it’s all mind games for Man City and Pep.

spacing out pep guardiola GIF by Esporte Interativo

Diogo Jota: “The centre-forward, the winger, the number 10. I’ll give 100% to anyone. That’s who I am.”

2 Likes

Right-back Diogo Jota?

1 Like

In his first season, in 30 games he only had 1 assist.

So now he’s scoring less, but assisting more. No doubt it’s only a matter of time before he starts scoring again. Easy to forget how good he’s been for us so far when all the focus and love goes to a new toy like Diaz. Before that melts a little bit and we realize we have multiple quality players. Who will have their better and worse periods.

Overall, 34 goals and 14 assists in 92 games for us is what he should be hitting.

2 Likes

One of my concerns with Jota was his goals sometimes masked that when he played overall we looked like not quite as good a side. This is a small sample size, but is an important step forward to him really establishing himself as one of our key players.

I could live with those numbers from any of our forwards aside from Nunez and Salah, to be honest. I really had no clue he had that many assists, the moves usually finished with him. I hope he will get himself on the scoresheet soon because twenty games or whatever without scoring can get to player’s head. I shouldn’t be commenting on anyone’s performance versus Rangers but I really liked his awareness of his teammates’ movement.

Great game by him.

Feel sorry for him. Doubt he’ll be back before the World Cup

I Hope Please GIF

We’re maintaining one injury per league game record… We’ll soon run out of players at this rate. It might be a whole year since he last scored if this turns out to be a serious one, there was no contact when he got injured.

On Diogo Jota’s injury: “We miss the next one with Diogo. He felt real pain in that moment but I have no idea how bad it is. If Diogo stays down it is not good.

1 Like

Sounds better than I had hoped, he is one of a couple I’d happily see go to the World Cup and Portugal have used him fairly in their matches.

1 Like

He’s a luxury player to have. I’d be surprised if anyone covered more ground than him today he up and down that left side like a wounded terrier.

Absolutely outstanding today.

Again, another player you can look at 2 or 3 different situations and criticise but he did an incredibly selfless job for the team today.

He’ll be a big miss if he’s out for a while, hopefully it’s just a game or two.

2 Likes

He had a great game today and is an important player for us.

Whenever a player goes down and it’s not from contact with the opponent, I am a bit more worried. It looked like he twisted his knee to me, and like everyone else, I’m waiting with baited breath and hoping it is not serious.

We can’t catch a break!

Good luck Diogo Jota!

1 Like

Klopp said it’s not his knee.

Probably done his muscle.

3 Likes