Diogo JOTA: 2022/23

Defensively an outstanding game, the amount of times him and Bobby appeared from nowhere into duels from behind… like little pressing monsters.

For me, a bit too much has been made from the fact that he hasn’t scored in a while. Goals are important, but his performances have been good and we need him, especially now. A bit like for a short while we forgot how good he’s mostly been since he’s here.

Goals will come again with such an active player like him and having a goalscoring nous.

2 Likes

Cheers, I was out and just finished watching a recording. It’s like I’m a good couple of hours behind real time, but I am LOVING catching up.

The reds have woken up. Let’s go!

1 Like

Any word on his injury?

He sometimes gets overlooked, but was brilliant against City. Will be missed in the next couple of games.

1 Like

In previous seasons, Jota despite scoring, can go disappearing in moments of games. But ever since he is back, I noticed he is getting involved and stamping his presence throughout when he is on the field. I think that kind of mentality determines a good player or a great one. The scoring will come again if he continues that kind of mentality.

3 Likes

Poor sod. All the best Diogo, can’t wait to see you back on the pitch.

2 Likes

Have any of the injuries we’ve picked up this season actually been as a result from an opposition player making a tackle?

Really bad news.

Klopp said it could be months before he’s back, though there’s no surgery needed.

I wonder if this injury has anything to do with the one he suffered right after the last season ended, I think it was in some international game. He scored his last goal at the beginning of April - I really hope he won’t go without a goal for one whole calendar year but I’m worried, especially after Klopp said that it would be months before he’s on the pitch. This is his third major injury while at our club, I guess we can now consider him a true Liverpool player - really good and susceptible to injuries.

Horrible news. Get well soon Diogo!

For us, it’s a huge blow again. We have now Diaz and Jota injured in the medium-long term. Two players covering the same left forward position. Oh well…

:broken_heart:

I don’t follow any other team in the PL, no idea about other team’s injuries. Are we at the bottom of the league for them?

Right now? in terms of first team players yes.

But Everton would argue they have more with Townsend Holgate Mina Patterson Godfrey and DCL (back now but has been out)

Newcastle have a fair few aswell mind, ASM Isak Kraft Ritchie and Shelvey (just came back last week)

As gutting as this is the World Cup could still potentially make these 3 week injuries rather than 3 month in the context. I’m gutted for Jota and the World Cup.

As sad as I am for him, I’m rather glad he won’t have to take the blame for that preening alleged rapist’s deficiencies.

I was optimistic that it was not serious, just an injury to a calf muscle, but it has proven to be a really serious one.

Must be a high grade calf muscle tear. Poor lad

Now, The Athletic‘s Liverpool reporter James Pearce has claimed that Jota is likely to return to action “in late January or February.”

Klopp already said it would be a long one, so that’s probably it.