Diogo Jota (LW) Wolves

There might have been an agreement with the player when he signed for us that we would increase his wages the following summer. Alternatively, it may have just been the club using the opportunity to minimise the negativity from the injury itself and put out some positivity showing that the club will look after all its players.

No, in Feb 2021

2 Likes

Ah, thought it was the birth he’d announced

So 1 games missed, maybe? I guess it’s better than Afcon.

4 Likes

I think we were interested in Werner but he wouldn’t wait.

Thiago did wait until the situation (Financially) became more clear and got his move, Werner panicked after losing his move to Bayern last season and signed for Chelsea when we stalled.

He is also probably on double what he would have initially earnt here at the chavs.

1 Like

Phwoar… We are fucking huge.

12 Likes

Personally? As a fair few have already said it was a combination of him wanting 1st team football (he is probably ready but his level isn’t LFC 1st team) and Williams emergence at right back so his potential for minutes here was even less.

Wolves have a strategy of buying young players, developing them and selling for multipliers of their existing value (see Jota for example), so I think Hoever to them was probably on the cards before Jota to us. The fact we are interested in Jota at the same time for this occasion is just co-incidence.

Isn’t Thiago from the same “hipster league”

I see this more as a Bernardo Silva option rather than a Mane/Salah cover. Can cover both but brings something different.

I like it especially if the sales of Wilson and Grujic pay off the fee plus some

1 Like

What a classy statement from Nuno. That is pure class.

6 Likes

Yeah he’s a good manager.

2 Likes

Struck me that normally with that fee, a 23 year-old may be under some pressure, but the legend Thiago’s signing takes that pressure off Jota.

1 Like

I’m expecting Jota to be at least 50% better.

1 Like

Than what/whom?

1 Like

Sounds like Nuno is pitching for the job here once Jürgen leaves.

5 Likes

I think he meant to post in the Mbappe thread.

Than the other player being referenced, Thiago. It was a joke

2 Likes

:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I love you mate.

6 Likes
6 Likes