Diogo Jota (LW) Wolves

Lots of smoke to this one, especially if we add 2+2 from the surprise Hoever move. TAN could use some transfer threads that are open for more than 15 minutes! Hope it’s okay with the mods.

8 Likes

Jota would be a fantastic addition to our front line. I’d actually prefer him to Sarr I think, more proven in the league.

7 Likes

Also some dissatisfaction and lack of transparency over his lack of involvement in their cup game this week. It seems very much the sort of unilateral absence of a player who expects to be leaving.

1 Like

They are nothing alike :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Smacks of truth to me, then. We have priors for our ““second choice”” players not being duplicates of our other targets. :+1:

2 Likes

If I could choose, I would choose Sarr but I imagine that, given the Hoever transfer and previous unsuccessful dealing with Watford owners, this one might be easier and obviously more cost-effective to conclude.

Wolves were by far the best side Liverpool played over two matches last season and Jota was a key element of that side, even if Jimenez and Traore rightfully took all the plaudits. He’d need to improve his finishing if he comes to Liverpool, though, but he’s hard working and confident enough in his ability. We’ll see if it’s Edwards pulling a trick on Watford or if Jota is indeed the primary target, though. Either way, I hope that whoever arrives is a replacement and an upgrade on Origi and/or Shaqiri.

4 Likes

Yeah, if I was a betting man I would say this is close to a done deal.

I am a betting man actually. Off to find a market.

16 Likes

See, now that it’s on the table, I’m actually leaning towards Jota for preference. Is a more natural backup to Mane (according to transfermarkt anyway :rofl:) and more proven in the PL.

I hope it happens.

1 Like

Yeah been pulled from the squad last night and left the stadium after being there etc.

*Edit was last night apparantly. Nuno didn’t comment.

2 Likes

Fantastic wee player. Would be a great rotation option for us alongside Minamino.

Id prefer Sarr but this lad is decent as well

1 Like

If we sign him, it will be interesting to know whether it is a case of turning to him because price of Sarr was too high for us, or whether interest in Sarr became a smokescreen.

1 Like

And that’s exactly how Edwards likes it! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Reddy saying its on!

2 Likes

Now this is a deal I would like to see done.

What a day! Good player, but someone with searing pace would be far more useful to come on and change games. Although I guess it is rare that Our attacking Players have space to run into these days. As long as the boss is getting the players he wants I am excited!

2 Likes

I thought he was great against us both times. A better player than Traore in my book.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Would say Jota has more goals in him long term than Sarr.

4 Likes

Rory Smith reckons a Jota deal is close. Must have a few outgoings agreed as well as Hoever.