Downunder Thread

Not sure how the cruise industry in Aus can recover from this, the Priness Rose debacle

React Sugar GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

Just to change the tone… it’s jacaranda time!

3 Likes

Love them but also sneeze time in Sydney now and for those big motherfucker spiders

1 Like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1593250189132779520

bug guys (aka fishermen) know that these “hatches” are a feeding frenzy for fish and bats, this is why we carry bug nets for our faces.

Ours hasn’t really bloomed yet with all the rain, hopefully we will have a blue carpet in a couple of weeks.

Missus was at the doc’s today. Here’s the view from the waiting room. Manly and the Heads in the distance.

1 Like

I see you’ve gone native very quickly with the ‘show us yer view’ sydney thing.
I’ll see your view and raise you - love this view everytime I visit my sister in darling point.

1 Like

Very nice.

Yes, Sydney has a lot of good views. I’m not used to such outlooks from doctor’s waiting rooms though.

I’ll post some views of Princes Highway in Kogarah to give the other side of the picture :wink:

If you’re after a great free 180 degree view of city skyline; harbour bridge; taronga zoo and through to middle head then check out Duff reserve in Point Piper. Not well known and usually empty but great place for a picnic or few drinks and you really get to feel what a 50m harbour waterfront is all about.

Hope everything is OK :pray:

1 Like

the ex and I in 2004 at our campsite in Byron Bay. two kids were some random’s who visited us every day during our stay there.

1 Like

Thanks Ifti.
Retinal tears. Nasty business but she is in good hands. You don’t get a practice with a view like that by being a bad doctor.

Aussie health system is very impressive in my experience.

2 Likes

My son is a doctor and went to Sydney for 18months… said the whole health care set-up is head and shoulders above the UK - he loved it there

1 Like

sure is.

missus ended up in the hospital there due to some menstrual hemmorhaging (apparently this happens to women when they change hemispheres, messes with their cycle) and we ended up spending a night in a room there. thankful we bought travel medical coverage.

I’m over this side of the world ATM. Just in Melbourne airport waiting for my (final!) connection to Tas.

Shared a Lufthansa flight with the Dortmund team heading to Singapore, starting their Asia tour.

My view is far less impressive right now.

We were planning a trip to Tas, but the flight prices are outrageous :slightly_frowning_face:

You are missing out on visiting god’s country. :man_shrugging:

I know, I really do, but there’s a whole lot of stuff going on here and the price of flights is truly astronomical.

Hopefully that will change.