Downunder Thread

Dunno what these are, but not taking any chances

More Aussie danger…

1 Like

FFS, I thought they were POT plants, not plants in pots. :laughing:

Hazardous either way

1 Like

Love the sulphur crested cockies. Fairly uncommon in Adelaide but we had hundreds visit our lawns in Canberra - they live to about 80 and you can really see all ages and personalities when you observe a large flock. Used to make a mess of our pin-oaks in autumn but, on balance, they were great.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/whatever-happened-to-travis-fimmel-the-legendary-ragnar-from-vikings/ss-AA14KLY7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=52e955785a824905ae7554d77f25f9f6

Never knew this guy is an Australian…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/six-dead-including-two-police-officers-killed-execution-style-at-remote-australian-property/ar-AA15d4Ck?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2178f00eba31469191bb5b4918a057bc

:pensive:

Anti vaxxers

1 Like

reading a few articles about this, and them being anti-vaxers seems to be the most normal thing about them.

Fucking weird lot from what I’ve read

1 Like

not sure where to put this but yesterday was the darkest hour for australian football.

context is that the FFA have awarded the next 3 grand finals to be played in Sydney, in australian football we have a home and away season followed by playoffs, to win the minor premiership is to win the home and away season, but then the big prize as A-League champions is to win the Grand final play off, normally the highest ranked team in the Home and away season that makes it to the GF becomes the host

in protest about that, the melbourne Derby turned into a fiasco last night as fans stormed the pitch and players and referees were insulted.

what a bunch of fuck heads.

(1) Melbourne Derby | Fans Invade Pitch During Melbourne City v Melbourne Victory Game - YouTube

1 Like

And moving the final to SYD for three years was all for the sake of ~10m AuD.

So what’s the go @Bekloppt ? Are you living out there atm or on a long holiday there?

Can verify. As a teenager it used to amaze me how many we got in the office portico. The building has been sold and haven’t been back in a long time but I don’t recall seeing very many anywhere in the last few years. Even when we put the lights on in the pool at night we haven’t got any.

I think the impacts of climate change are going to be horrific and catastrophic.

He said ‘holiday’ but then he explained his wife was shopping for linen (‘manchester’) in the boxing day sales. So he must be living here as no sane person would choose to spend their holidays doing that :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m here on a top secret mission to learn the mysteries of the mullet and then introduce it to Germany, thus causing the downfall of the EU.

The Germans are already experts:

1 Like

My missus is Indian-Australian, grew up in south Sydney. We came down to sell the family home and catch up with friends and family.
House is sold and we’re moving into the city in Jan.
It’s a great way to spend the NH winter, apart from the sales and in-laws.

Ah…now we know who is rich enough for FSG to sell the club to…