Downunder Thread

As you are probably aware, my life is in the hands of a benevolent dictatorship under the name of ‘The Missus’.

Also it’s -6 in Berlin right now and snowing.

1 Like

Well we definitely need more German dictators down here…

Oh and apparently its ‘cold’ too. Just had brother in law visiting from Brisbane (we live in Adelaide) and he wore a parka yesterday as it was overcast and 21C. Today was 27 and family went to the beach and he deemed it okay for shorts…

She’s Aussie

Well fuck off we’re full then… :rofl:

Rabbit Proof Fence

Seen the movie. Good one.

1 Like

the castle. possibly the greatest movie ever made.

1 Like

So first time I get back to Aus in 12 years and I bring the earliest recorded cyclone of the season to QLD. FMD :roll_eyes:

So, you’re accepting blame?

I can neither confirm nor deny :wink:

Earlier today…

It was over 40 at the Olympic Park where there was a music festival attended by 20,000. I can’t imagine….

Yeah must suck to be inland on the east coast right now. 17 and wet in Radelaide today; I expect the change will come to the east coast in the next 24/36 hrs.

Or just read your post with the actual forecast…

A perfect 28 degrees where I am in Noosa today. Second day in a row at the beach taking advantage of the surf created by Cyclone Jasper. Waves a bit messy this morning, probably spent more time fighting the sweep than being out there, but a fun day. I’m pretty happy not to be in 40 degree temps!

1 Like

That is what Oz is like sometimes,alleged 39 yesterday but can’t believe it got close ,16 overnight and all day rained constantly for the last 24 hours and still is,but now my water tank is full I couldn’t give a rats.
That said I had to buy water in Sept.Lived here all my life ,but still can’t figure it.

Noosa is nostalgic! Used to spend quite a bit of time at little cove and love that stretch through to Alexandria. Whereabouts you based?

1 Like

Inland at Tewantin. Close to the beach without being surrounded by thousands of tourists.

But yes, Little Cove is our go-to due to easy access compared to trekking into the NP for Tea Tree. Early pre-work and afternoon surf with my son when the conditions are ok. Living the dream.

My son is still learning to surf so the mellow point breaks are much better and comfortable for him than the open beaches on the east. I don’t surf at all. I’m the idiot with fins on body surfing :rofl:

1 Like

Who is more likely to be mistaken for a seal by a shark.