Downunder Thread

Yeah, but they’d spit him out after the first bite so no dramas.

Hence why I’m at Noosa - probably the safest place in Qld touch wood, why I wear all black (sharks are attracted to patterns ) ,
and why I never body surf beyond head height so that my fins are not flapping all over the place like a seal. In fact, walking out to the wave is impractical so I only slip them on when a good wave approaches.

My son is a little preoccupied with sharks so I try to play down the ‘dad looks like a juicy plump seal’ idea.

That’s New Years Eve fancy dress costume sorted then :0)

@PaulRoJo , what do you think about the proposed changes to migration here, especially in relation to student visas and English language requirements? Do they go far enough for you?

Do you have a link GK?

1 Like

I think it’s a step in the right direction. Personally I’d like to see our refugee intake greatly increased (say from 10k to 50k for starters) but other migration cut back to closer to 200k. As someone who came to this country as a child of a highly skilled migrant myself this is obviously somewhat hypocritical, but I’m not a huge fan of the extent to the family visa scheme and I especially don’t think its in the national interest for migrants to be able to bring over their parents/extended family.

2 Likes

Thanks.

The student visa system is definitely being abused and the family rules need to be tightened as they are being exploited too.

There is a distinct lack of tradies, at least in inner city Sydney.

I sing, ‘We’re going to Bonnie Doon’ quite often whilst driving

1 Like

whisper We’re go-ing to Bo-nnie Doon

1 Like

so many great lines…

possibly the greatest non funny, but hilarious line ever;

‘you know jenny’
‘jenny, jenny?’
‘nah, microwave Jenny’

use it a few times a year still…

My personal favourite is "How’s the serenity? So much serenity "

As someone who had a penchant for constitutional law, “It’s the vibe” is great.

‘look at the dogs!!! theyr loving it!’

‘jousting sticks…what do you want jousting sticks for?’

1 Like

‘And the hotel Trace and I were staying in, they had this one channel…kickboxing…24 hours, A DAY.’

2 Likes

Looks about spot on.

Living large I see @Bekloppt!

I’m now the proud owner of a pair of Blundstone smooth leather, every day wear boots…! :0)
Bought for me as a Christmas present by my youngest lad, whom as a junior doctor walking the hospital wards day and night, has vouched they are the “most comfortable boots ever”…!
Guess I will find out if this is true over the coming months on my treks :+1:

Let us know how they go