Downunder Thread

I’ve seen this exact sign in person, have a photo of it at home. RIP Cassowary. giant ostrich looking thing, saw tons of them in Port Douglas.

1 Like

THIS. so many idiots I see come across with that “I don’t know what you’re sticking into my body” but they’ll jam a rail of nose candy up each nostril that’s been stepped on 6 times since it left Cartagena.

So I hope they enjoy eating take-out because you cannot sit in a restaurant or public event in Vancouver without a vax passport.

1 Like

All things Australian in this thread, right…! :0)

I’m pretty good with the ol’ eyebrow moves, but not with the sort of definition she’s got there.

Now ear flapping? That’s my thing.

Us Aussies are pretty advanced beings.

1 Like

the best were the beer ads from that era. some of the best I’ve seen, and I still cannot find one particular Bundaberg add with the bear “the one in the red dress”.

then there’s the Cougar bourbon ads. I brought my sister one of these tops home as a joke

2 Likes

it’s going on nearly 20yrs since I’ve been down there, and I still miss the banter that I would contend with on a regular basis from both guys and girls down there. it was a very memorable trip. Telstra Dome in Melb for the 2003 World Cup rugby was incredible. Canada vs All Blacks, a small contingent of us Canucks walking the concourse in a sea of black jerseys. Didn’t pay for a drink all night.

You don’t mean the red sock one do you?

The drink Ads were brilliant :0)

there’s another one based in a pub where the guys are sitting on the other side of the room from a table of girls. the bundy bear sticks it’s face through a hole in the wall as art and eavesdrops on their conversation, and reports back to the lads “the one in the red dress” who was overhead saying “who wants to cuddle, I just want a good shag”

1 Like

I wouldn’t drink Hahn’s if I were dying of thirst, but the ads were fantastic.

Ah, I remember that one now you’ve described it. Buny at that time made a bunch of great ads

they made some good rums too. I bought a number of bottles of Bundy dark at the distillery. delicious stuff with the real coke they used to sell in aussie (cane sugar, not corn-based)

1 Like

:0)

From the Newcastle takeover via the Religion thread with a possible detour into Racism etc discussion-

Are Aussies fat and drunk?

Answer based on personal experience - No.

They are much fitter and healthier than Northern Europeans especially Brits and thinner than US citizens.

Brits drink more.

Australia is very multicultural and thus hard to stereotype. UK ideas about Australia are based on the 1950s.

They are a friendly, generous, likeable bunch on the whole.

The only problem is the cricket team :wink:

2 Likes

Why does Australia use down under but not New Zealand?

we are an enigma.

fun loving out door lovers who go hard as fuck professionally.

ultimately, the best assessment i can give is, when im in thailand with the family, enjoying a cheap asian meal in the outdoor eateries, im so fiercly proud of being australian, until the second i hear a fellow aussie accent…god it makes me cringe.

feircely proud and feicrely embarrassed at the same time.

straya, fuck yeah.

3 Likes

This x 1000 :rofl:

My boy has just come home from working a 2yr stint in Aussie land…
First thing he unpacked from his case on arriving back was a hat he bought over there…
He has hardly taken it off his head since… and that is almost 3months now.!! :0)
I feel as though Crocodile Dundee has moved back in with us…
Not sure what happened to him over there… but it is all his conversation revolves around! :0))

1 Like

What is it? A statesman? Akubra? Did he come back wearing blunnies (iconic Tassie boots)?

HaHa… it is an Akubra… and yes, he has the boots also (2pairs) :rofl:
Apparently, so he has mentioned to us a thousand times at least…
Quote… *"These are the greatest boots ever… *
Can’t believe how comfortable they are" Unquote :rofl: :rofl: