EFL Cup / League Cup

This was always going be an issue with how they structured the league, internationals should have been moved to the end then you could have swapped it around. Now there is absolutely no space whatsoever.

It might come down to leagues just being completed and then seeing what else can be finished.

1 Like

Testing in the lower leagues is no longer compolsery, so a lot of the Prem clubs are paying for the lower league club they are drawn against - we are doing similar for Lincoln Utd did the same for Luton.

1 Like

Maybe Moyes should step aside more often

3 Likes

Foden scores to put Cheaty 2-1 up against Bournemouth. Let the wankfest beginā€¦

3 Likes

Hopefully we get drawn citeh and slap Pepā€™s bald head out of it.

7 Likes

4 wins takes you to the final this time, letā€™s see.

Multiple games against Arsenal in a few days doesnā€™t sound so good (memories of 06/07, apart from Crouchieā€™s hattrick!), but weā€™re due a good old slapping against them after the last two games we lost.

2 Likes

So next week itā€™s Monday Arsenal and Sunday Villa both in the PL.

So very likely that the Carabao Cup game against Arsenal will be on Thursday.

Monday - Thursday - Sunday
What a throwback to dark Europa League days.

Monday is priority.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m assuming it will be Thursday.

Now that we have the squad to take this cup seriously, I would love to see us going full throttle. Just give your best, whatever happens, happens.

To me itā€™s if we win great, if we lose ah well.

Itā€™s not going spoil my day unlike a CL or League loss.

2 Likes

Will keep an eye on Tottenham vs Chelsea. Chelseaā€™s new keeper is starting, will be interesting to see him. Chelseaā€™s team looks unsurprisingly strong compared to Tottenham. Will also keep an eye on Ferencvaros vs Molde in the Champions League Play Off. First match ended 3-3, so Molde only has a very slim chance. But you never know.
I guess I am hoping for a real tough battle between Chelsea and Tottenham, the kind of match where a couple of hamstrings gets pulled :wink:

2 Likes

A few injuries a few sending offs and both managers have a fist fight at half time.

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be what I would call a good and TV-attractive game indeed. As long as we are not in it ourselves of course :wink:

1 Like

Extra time if itā€™s allowed. :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got Chelsea to win heavily in this one, that Tottenham side is not good. No threat up front, a porous midfield and poor centre backs.

1 Like

To be fair, even though I want this game to tire and tax both teams, I wouldnā€™t mind a massacre and a humiliation for either of them. Both sides losing 5-0 would do nicely. Dejected and defensive Lampard or hysterical Mourinho, both works in terms of what is acceptable levels of Schadenfreude that would soothe my dark soul.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree that they are clear favorites. Just like Ferencvaros against Molde tonight. But you never know. Sometimes bizarre matches happen ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing Chelseaā€™s new keeper.

Doesnā€™t sound like their new keeper will have much to do

Wow, that was a good goal by Werner.

The keeper view was completely blocked. The ball whizzed by right next to him.

1 Like