England National Team

Maguire :person_facepalming:
Hendo was flabbergasted.

3 Likes

Raheem Sterling is captain for England tonight :joy:

Not watching, but are they playing White at RB or is he a 3rd CB (which if yes, still leaves the question of who is RWB)?

Was wondering same myself when saw team sheet. Checked just now and BBC had him down as right back.

Didnā€™t see the game, but just read Southgateā€™s quotes on a section of the crowd jeering Maguire.

Not sure what I think about it all. On the one hand he is crap, and when itā€™s in a Man Utd jersey, let the bias begin, and if he is shouted down by other fans, tough.

On the other hand, if he is representing the national team, it doesnā€™t seem right that his own fans are booing him.

Iā€™m no defender of Maguire, but this is the sort of thing that adds to the list of reasons why I donā€™t like England football.

3 Likes

I went to the England game against Uruguay at Anfield many years ago. Gary Neville got pelters but equally there was a large section of the crowd in the Kop (where I was) chanting ā€œweā€™re only here for the Englandā€ or something like that. I canā€™t remember precisely as I was busy singing about which members of his own family Gary liked to shagā€¦

3 Likes

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear, Jordan really needs the time off, I do feel the World Cup might be his last international football.

Also looks like he is managing Trent well so thatā€™s good

1 Like

But, but, butā€¦ arenā€™t England not bothered about Liverpool players.

Remarkable isnā€™t itā€¦ Southgateā€™s words make really too much senseā€¦ what has gone into him? :rofl:

2 Likes

He had a word with Klopp?

1 Like

Hopefully Trent and Hendo doesnā€™t play much in the world cup!

How the fuck do you lose against Hungry?
ā€¦ on the Queenā€™s Platinum as well.

We are not amused

Might have a totally wrong impression, but is Kalvin Phillips being a bit rushed back by both Leeds and England?

Was looking for a world Cup thread but thought this would doā€¦

guess the number of fans planning on heading out there has just ballooned!

Disaster waiting to happen

Also - FIFA World Cup: Qatar 2022

1 Like

Yeah, zero experience with fuck drunk people, let alone fuck drunk, aggressive, group brave lunatics.

Coupled with strict laws related to being drunk outdoors or in public places. Only takes the police to arrest one drunk fan and all the others start throwing shit and it all kicks off.

2 Likes

So, a good time to be invested in the Qatari private prison industry