England National Team

Southgate rushing back Walker coz he’s defensive innit… Hope he snaps his achilles after 2 months out and fucks up Citys season.

Hello? Hello?

As expected. Not sure what else to say so far really. There has been some good stuff, but largely a sense that England play with the handbrake on. The only game England played against a half decent opponent saw them bossed in the middle of the park, and unable to score.

Maybe we beat Senegal, but then if someone like France is waiting next, I wouldn’t fancy our chances.

Still, let’s play and see what happens! Maybe we spawn our way right through and Southgate will be Knighted by Charlie.

1 Like

It’s how I expected them to be, I do think they will show up against the so called names but they could be eliminated if they take it for granted.

Not a huge miss although I do feel he should’ve had more of a look in.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/ufc-s-paddy-pimblett-has-explained-why-he-isn-t-supporting-england-at-the-world-cup/ar-AA14Myn2?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1c6a636951e34750a48aeb63529c940e

1 Like

Who will be Englands CBs at the Euros?

Bit of a chasm really isn’t there.

The arrival of Bellingham makes it look as if Southgate has improved England overall.

3 Likes

The same overhyped bunch.

England last 8. Decent showing. Could have easily beat France today. Ref missed loads of fouls, Kane missed a penalty.

I live in the States these days, so I don’t know how hyped England were, but they are one of the better sides, and had a shot at winning the World Cup.

2 Likes

They’re basically the City of Europe, all the English journalists pundits ex-players and bookies always put them up there yet always come up short.

They did about as expected. QF is par. England were a match for France, fine margins, and had they won, would have had a good chance to win the World Cup.

It wasn’t to be, but they were one of the favorites for the tournament, amongst perhaps 6 teams that could win it, and showed it.

Hopefully this will see end of Southgate.

Stones and Tomori

There’s only one man with a 100% record…

Sam Allardyce England GIF

Not if he’s going to be replaced by fat Fwank.

2 Likes

Its not. This is a generation with a historical lack of strength in the defensive triumvirate between CB and GK that England have typically been very strong in. People might throw out alternatives to the players he played, but its a much of muchness. There are lots of players who are as good as the three Southgate has relied, but none that are meaningfully better that you can reasonably call it an oversight to not play them. There is no Adams, Campbell, Rio, Terry, Walker, or Pallister missing out here. There are just other mediocre guys and it was that collectively mediocrity that contributed to the two goals today. There is really only so far you can go in tournament football with a weakness like in such a critical area of the pitch unless you are blessed with a fuck ton of luck.

4 Likes

As for managers, it is a strange one. Southgate isn’t very good, and yet his record is good in tourneys with England.

England paid big money for some big bame managers not so long ago… and they were crap!

So, I’m not sure what to do.

2 Likes

We got a great nucleus of young talent we just need the right man in charge.

Declan Rice is 23

• Phil Foden is 22
  • Jude Bellingham is 19
  • Mason Mount is 23
  • Bukayo Saka is 21
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold is 24
  • Conor Gallagher is 22
  • Marcus Rashford is 25
  • Reece James is 23
  • Ben Chilwell is 25
  • Aaron Ramsdale is 24
  • Jadon Sancho is 22.