England National Team

Don’t think Hendo should be called up. When he’s moved to a less competitive league , he loses the right to be called up. Also his age.

1 Like

His national manager encouraged him to go there :joy:

1 Like

I think players who very rarely kick a ball, shouldn’t be in the squad.

1 Like

I think he is in the squad for his presence more than what he offers on the pitch. He’s unlikely to be a key player for the team come the next major tournament, so it would be natural to phase him out now - having him in the squad allows the younger players to benefit from his knowledge and leadership.

3 Likes

You assume he will play some part next year but it will be his swansong, was talking about the next World Cup a while back but he has to be kidding himself.

Kind of glad he moved on now seeing what we have done. He was only waning and that league will only accelerate that.

Maguire and Henderson unsurprisingly crap for that goal. Henderson then fluffs a great opportunity.

Henderson probably a bit chilly, struggling to adapt :rofl:

Prickford , Maguire & Henderson in the team. Southgate will never learn

Having Rice , Bellingham , Maddison in the midfield should be what Southgate needs to look for. Bellingham is ridiculously versatile.

1 Like

So glad that Henderson left us, same shit, jogging back before the goal, different team.

33 year old Henderson stinking the place out but being picked because of his pointing and shouting. Iconic.

Flogging him to the desert was one of the best deals of the summer. Southgate picking him (and Maguire) is the most Southgate thing imaginable.

2 Likes

What a tame fucking header by Maguire. Almost like he wanted to pass to the Ukranian keeper

Mudryk is fucking rubbish. Even in a side in which he is supposedly their main creative force he’s done nothing.

2 Likes

30 seconds to go… 1-1…Henderson plays a backward pass :rofl:

1 Like

Tried to watch some 15-20 minutes in the second half , the game was so dire and boring. Saka hit the post i think once… but the game is slow boring and without purpose. Why are they being played again ?

England will qualify but I’m thankful the rugby World Cup is filling a gap.

Probably didn’t help because there is no Liverpool player in that team at the moment but beyond the big tournaments most of it is unwatchable.

Had it on for about 25 mins and it went off.

2 Likes

When asked if Kane can play deeper or higher up, Walker has claimed Harry has “enough armoury to his tool” to do both.

Spot on, probably.

1 Like

I didn’t miss much then @mattyhurst then, I forgot it was on.

1 Like

It would have been the preferred route.

2 Likes

If Trent had been playing they would have trounced Ukraine Kane was essentially trying to play his role badly and he should have been playing a n his position as CF

1 Like