England National Team

The biggest mistake he made was signing a 6(!) year deal all the way back in 2018. I’m sure a player already in his position then should’ve negotiated something better for himself. It put Spurs in a very strong position, even if of course he still believed then they could go on and win big things. I do see him leaving, but probably remain in England.

2 Likes

He puts too much trust in Levy’s verbal promises. He’s been in an avg side during his prime and has no team trophies to show for it. Shame really.

Think he goes this summer though.

1 Like

Clearly there’s a difference of opinion between what Harry thinks and what Levy thinks, in terms of his freedom to leave.

Amazing to me that this stuff is not watertight in his contract, so there’s no opinion about it.

Clearly Harry thought he had a gentleman’s agreement and in the last couple of years has missed out on a big move or two, while Spurs haven’t challenged for any big trophies, and have probably regressed, or at best stagnated.

It’s a slow burn. He will move this summer for a fee someone will pay, probably a flush Man Utd (ugh) or he will see out his contract and publicly act honorably about doing that, man of my word etc, while privately communicating to Levy I just cost you a fee of £100m+ for not letting me leave earlier.

He’s either off this summer, or revenge will be a dish served cold in the summer of 2024.

Southgate at the game last night. I really hope he is taking note of the inverted right back, with Man City and Liverpool both doing it he has a good selection of players who will be used to paying like that. And the young lad at City could be an ideal back up to Trent. Also doesn’t have the headache of finding another CB as Walker and White are perfect for the right side and Shaw on the left would work well with this system.

----------------Ramsdale-----------------
------Walker—Stones-----Shaw------
----------TAA-------Rice----------------
--------Hendo------Belligham----------
–Saka-------Kane-----------Rashford

Go on Southgate, prove @Dutch wrong.

1 Like

Thing is I was thinking this.

Southgate isn’t clever enough to do this. He will eithier stick Trent in CM or RB.

I know he doesn’t have time to adapt but that’s your different. Lots of people say Klopp is stuck in his ways and to a point he was but the Brighton game switched it for him.

Southgate proved to be pretty flexible tactically. Whether it makes sense for England, where Trent is yet to prove himself (due to different reasons, sometimes unlucky with injuries just as he was about to get a chance), is another thing.

As he?

Has TheAlmightyReds hacked Zoran’s account? Never seen so many nonsense comments from him in 1 day.

1 Like

Great goal by England’s number 10

Lovely goal Trent

From the team sheet, it looks like he’s being played more as as an 8 than in the deeper role he has with us. Does that seem right?

Right sided #8 in a midfield 3, yeah. Average position so far a tiny bit higher than Hendo at LCM. Second time Southgate is trying Trent in midfield in the same position in the same formation. First time was against Andorra.

1 Like

Trent called up.

Some interesting ones - Maguire, Phillips and Hendo got called up.

Don’t see why Pope is overlooked for the GK spot.

1 Like

He does flap a fair bit but yeah he’s better than Pickford but Pickford shouts at people so according to the media that’s a proper goalie :thinking:

Southgate is putting pressure on himself with these decisions, would have had the media more on side giving some young players a go. But to be fair, there are few options at CB and CM and some injuries to both key plyers and obvious back up choices.

I think there is something to be said in international football in not dropping a player until they let YOU down or there are other players making cases to be involved that cannot be ignored. This early in the season there is no form book to go on and so it’s understandable the selections would be one of continuity and established players.

2 Likes

Phillips couldn’t have let anyone down in the last 18 months - hasn’t kicked a football.

Sterling must have pissed on Gareths chips…can’t get a look in now.

At least he’s picked Guehi, Colwill and Tomori over some of the usual tripe he goes with.

1 Like

I think it was about time Dunk also got a chance with England, seeing how Brighton play, etc. Better him than someone like Mings.

I think that is a great shout, he has surprised me with his footballing ability

1 Like