England National Team

not sure, how do German feels feel about the switch from massive German brand to massive American.

What is your take on it @GermanRed ?

ETA: How much does the National German team costs over there for adults and children?

1 Like

The biggest issue is the cost of replica shirts.

But that unique take seems to be a after thought for the hard of thinking.

1 Like

At first I was very disappointed, but now I have more background information and I can understand the change. Even after many negotiations, Adidas was not prepared to at least to maintain the status quo (50 million) but wanted to go down by 20%, the reason being the poor performance of the last few years. Then came the mega offer from Nike with 100 million. You couldnā€™t refuse that. As sad as it is, the DFB is in such bad financial shape that it would be crazy to refuse.
https://www.dfb-fanshop.de/de/

2 Likes

Thanks for the background information @Livvy :+1:t3:
I always thought the DFB were rich Football Association with their excellent history of winning many international tournaments and other major sponsors supporting them.

On the fanshop website, the German shirts are still alot cheaper than our England shirts

1 Like

Nike probably told DFB that Jurgen likes their touchline gear best.

1 Like

https://x.com/_JordanJBryan/status/1771244749585817773?s=20

This is beautiful. :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

Two things jump out at me from the Brazil side

1. A midfield 3 containing players from West Ham, Newcastle, and Wolves. Pretty underwhelming compared to how we think of Brazil as being ā€œstar studdedā€ yet still likely to play a decent looking england side off the park.

2. Lots of names in the brazil back 5 I am not familiar with. I suspect I actually do know them but just BBC have decided to call them by names no one ever uses for them

1 Like

Bento The goalie has a line in pie makingā€¦.with his mate Fray.

2 Likes

Lopes Beraldo = Lucas Beraldo
Soares de Faria = FabrĆ­cio Bruno

Fucking idiots

That Maguire starts in front of Gomez is a joke

Well thereā€™s less chance of Gomez getting injured, which suits us, and more chance that Maguire is injured, which suits Manchester United.

2 Likes

Terrible tackle from Bellingham leaving Bruno in a heap

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

Walker with a hamstring :pray: would be a big loss for them down the stretch

Just before Walker got burned by Vini running off him and looks to do have done his hamstring trying to catch him

jack nicholson smile GIF

Maguire sucks

Chilwell is garbage.

Typical England though so far, absolute shite against any team with half a clue

Pacqueta best player on the pitch so far

Walker doneā€¦Donā€™t put Gomez on

Heā€™ll be back against Arsenal

1 Like

Looking at the bench, its only him or Konsa.

I was about to say, so surely Gomez, but Southgate says no :heart_eyes: