England National Team

Think we should go all out for Jobe

You mean, we should get the Jobe done!

I will get my coat :blush:

Bellingham can do a Jobe on our future midfield

I guess Caciedo was somewhat pushed on by the sales of Fabinho and Henderson.

If they were both up front itā€™s a sizeable amount to take when most deals are spaced out.

Could you imagine both Bellingham and Dom in our midfield, mouthwatering thoughts

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m saying letā€™s go for Jobeā€¦heā€™ll be good enough to start for England before long. Literally looks and plays like a younger version of Jude for England U21

1 Like

There is a big furore over the England shirt due to Nike altering the St Georgeā€™s flag to this multicolour pattern. I donā€™t mind change the style of St Georgeā€™s flag.

How do you guys and gals feel about it?

Personally, I donā€™t particularly like what Nike have done with the colours, do a design or something, but altering the colours, for me Nike should have left the colours as it is :grimacing:

https://x.com/henrywinter/status/1771111145920778549?s=20

Edit: The cost of the national shirt is extortionate, in these hard pressed times.

1 Like

My personal view, they would never dream of doing something like this with the US flag, so why do they think it ok to do it for the flag of a different country?

Also, I think the bigger issue is the pricing. Ā£120 for a shirt is fucking ridiculous, and that more than anything is something the FA should have immediately jumped on and told them to quit being greedy fuckers

Edit: the Ā£120 is for a kids shirt. The adult shit is Ā£125.

Love Englandā€™s new home shirt, looks fabulous.

Away one is crap, no links with England at all.

Isnā€™t that the Chevrolet logo? :rofl:

2 Likes

I checked, it a little bit, not by much.

1 Like

Is it too late for Nike to change it?

I heard rumours some of the England players are not going to wear it.

Worse come to worse, just use the Euros National team kit,

Isnā€™t this the shirt they were releasing now to be used for the Euros?

I donā€™t know. Come the Euros, I think Nike may change the the colours on the flag by June.

Think it will be an expensive mistake by Nike, prob lots of shirts in production. Not sure how changing the colours on the national flag got through the design meeting, bit of a balls up! Hate the way itā€™s been picked up by the anti Woke brigade though. Any u-turn from Nike will be seen as a victory for the Daily Mail fascists, horrible.

1 Like

I would imagine Nike has detailed brand standards, and you are definitley not allowed to redesign the Nike swoosh. It is probably seen by Nike as a big deal to do that. Therefore it seems myopic of them that they can just redesign the flag of a country to suit.

The price is of course ridiculous.

If the England shirt sales are low, Nike may have to think otherwise as well.

Well, thatā€™d the real issue. They are making a tiny change to one detail in the hope that people will fork out top dollar for it. I suppose if people donā€™t like it they can always boycott it but Iā€™d rather people did that for the obvious cash in.

Iā€™m not even sure what that is meant to represent. Unless the ploy is to change it so that all the flag waving morons fork out god-knows-what for a shirt that is identical to the one they already own.

I dont understand the decision, short of some plot to stoke controversy to draw attention a new shirt is available in an attempt to boost sales. But it isnt without precedent.

1 Like

So is this the bigger scandal or Germany switching from Adidas to Nike after 70 years? :grimacing: