England National Team

I had the feeling he would be moving into some technocrat role within the game once he left the England job.

1 Like

https://x.com/CountBinface/status/1813154906829697032?t=anOrttbm_fdsjPkESFdezw&s=19

4 Likes

Imagine if they start badly…

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Tuchel supposedly wants it and they’d be daft to overlook him for the likes of Potter or Lampard. Can’t see Howe wanting it at this stage in his career.

Tuchel is an interesting one. National team managers need to build the right environment, but they don’t need to make it last that long. He generally wears out his welcome in the ongoing club environment

2 Likes

Might get 4 years instead of 2

Howe → England
Tuchel → Newcastle
Southgate → ManU
Arteta → City

2 Likes

Why not, getting out of the Newcastle job for a high-profile England one could be good timing, and if he does well he could be in that job for a long time? It’s difficult to see him getting one of the bigger club jobs - and he has shown reluctance to take smaller jobs after leaving Bournemouth. And, a poor run at Newcastle could see him get the sack quite quickly.

FIFY :0)

3 Likes

Tuchel is an interesting shout. If he wants it, he is the best of the names I’ve seen. His biggest flaw - that he falls out with people - will be mitigated, because the nature of international football is that you are not with the group for long stretches of time.

It mostly needs a football man with a good idea of how to set up the team, who is adept at seeing it unfold in front of him, and making changes quickly, to suit.

Tuchel can do all that. He is also not afraid of making a decision or two that might upset a player here and there, if he thinks it is for the good of the team. I doubt Tuchel would have been too worried about Harry Kane’s feelings if he felt the captain wasn’t offering enough, and it needed Watkins, for example.

Put me down for Tuchel. It could be an inspired choice.

But if the suits annoy him too much he won’t last long.

1 Like

Southgate did bring the pride back in wearing the England badge and a togetherness amongst the players, however England lacked a postive playing style and were flat track bullies.

The success in each tournament seemed always thanks to a favourable draw and each time they came up against a reasonable team they lost.

Southgate has done England proud but to win they need an intelligent forward thinking coach who plays an expansive - who that is, is beyond who they may probably get!

WTAF…! HaHaHa… The groundswell is gathering pace :0)

Veteran broadcaster Keys, 67, who has worked for the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Sky, Talksport, Al Jazeera, Fox Sports, ESPN Star Sports and is currently a BeIN Sports’ host, wrote in his blog: "The outstanding candidate for me is Jurgen Klopp.

"I don’t buy into the theory that an England manager has to be English. That view borders on racist.

"Anyway, his nationality apart, Klopp is an English as they come now!

"I’m also aware that he said he wanted a break from the day to day, never ending demands of club football.

"Well, what is international management if it’s not that?

"I think Klopp will already be missing football and his loss will only feel worse once teams start reporting back and playing again.

“Klopp is one of the big beasts. He’d love a crack at international management surely? I reckon it would get his juices flowing again.’”

Keys suggested should Klopp need a longer break England should wait for him by employing England U21 boss Lee Carsley as a stand-in until the German is ready to commit.

3 Likes

Omg! They have gone mad on X regarding our former gaffer.
This, from an Aston Villa fan.
:joy:, one of his parents is English.

https://x.com/TroopzDR/status/1813348117460210097?t=jy4xadOQtVNEN1F4nJuVPg&s=09

How about this?
Howe ⤑ England
Pochettino ⤑ Newcastle
Tuchel ⤑ Man U
Southgate ⤑ USMNT

After the England job, coaching the U.S. national team would be a well-paid doddle with guaranteed World Cup qualification. It would be like a two-year holiday for him.

There’s no way Klopp would want the England gig. I would be extremely surprised.

He is having a break. He has a lovely place in Majorca to enjoy, and he is also having a house built in Germany I believe. He is well aware of the cesspit that is the English media, and I’m sure he will want no part of it.

He is miles ahead of any other potential candidate though, so England should reach for the stars, just in case they get lucky. But they won’t land Klopp!

3 Likes

We might be stupid, but we’re not THAT stupid!

…I hope :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Lee Carsley… the one who played Gomez with an injury that put him out for 6 months

Please no.

If Klopp goes there, England might actually win something.

Some of us actually enjoy how English hopes are regularly built up to feverpitch levels every two years before the side is found out and hopes come crashing down to basement level again.

At this point we mutter the eternal words, “told you”.

5 Likes

I don’t believe one moment that Klopp feels already refreshed enough to take on a new challenge. There is a reason why he decided to call it a day here, and he explained it clearly enough.

That being said, I’d love to see what he could do with England. He’d transform their lack of winning culture from the ground, and would identify a lot of talents and build them into the team. It would be fascinating.

But for the time being, he won’t make any move, that’s for sure.

1 Like