England National Team

Just read that Gerard is getting approached for further consideration

7 Likes

This is a pretty good analysis on Southgateā€™s Englandā€¦Any other manager would have killed to have so much depth at CM, DM and the forwardsā€¦

1 Like

Also Iā€™d have to support England in the tournaments.

Please no.

Why?

Youā€™re not English, and neither is Klopp.

Youā€™re Indian, but you would support the English team because of a German manager.

Makes no sense at all. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Gerrard? Why not. Get him out of Saudi. Probably not the most popular choice but many of the current players looked up to him when growing up.

At least Stevie would not disrespect our players when it comes to selection.

Because heā€™s shit.

5 Likes

10Hag :soon: Arsenal???

Heā€™d make it clear to them all that he didnā€™t think any of them as as good as he was, and when they complain about how shit the vibe is in camp heā€™d tell them to suck it up and modern players have it lucky compared to how awful it was at Baden Baden back in his day. And then play Phil Collins on repeat until everyone loses their minds.

1 Like

Ooof thats a stretch

Iā€™ll find other ways of blaming everyone else i think.

1 Like

Ange Postecoglou is another that is moving up in the reckoning now :roll_eyes:

Gerrard makes no sense, donā€™t know why itā€™s even a rumour.

1 Like

I would do that. He plays an expansive game, and after watching dour football, it will be a breath of fresh air.

I donā€™t think there is much coaching to be done at the England international level. They are coming from different managers and tactical approaches, so to try to implement a complex system in limited time will be tough.

I think the gig is to pick a balanced team, send them out with a clear game plan, make them believe in themselves, and trust them to do their thing. The England coach also needs to be able to make big decisions on players, as necessarily, with the quantity of stars, some egos will get bruised.

Iā€™d be fine if it went to Postecoglu.

1 Like

Just read Poch is getting thrown into the mix - what a mixed bag of candidates - the queue on interview day, will stretch all the way around the blockā€¦ twice :0)

Poche might take it, yā€™know, if only because every decision heā€™s made in his post-Espanyol career seems to have been made specifically to disappoint and/or irritate the piss out of me personally.

Part of me would enjoy seeing an Argentine managing the England national team, though. Not sure which part yet.

2 Likes

It speaks volumes that a serial failure like Pochettino is seen as a contender.

He wasnā€™t mentioned, thankfully for the Liverpool job.
Wonder why?

2 Likes

Donā€™t see why would Postecoglou leave now to get into international football. He has tried that already in the past. Heā€™s worked hard to get where he is at club level and potentially might aim a bit higher also.

English manager (short list) or foreigner with PL experience = voilĆ , weā€™ve got a rumour

2 Likes

In fairness, he won more trophies in one and a half seasons than the England national team has won in their entire history. England are punching up with Pochettino.

2 Likes

3 Likes