England National Team

Has Kloppo already ruled himself out? Surely he’ll do that shortly if he isn’t interested, and he surely isn’t.

I’ve read somewhere he has dismissed the interest…
Yet, persistent as they are, some doubters in the media, are desperate to become believers :0)

2 Likes

Lee Carsley :joy:

I mean the England job is completely thankless. If you don’t win every game, you are rubbish. If you do win, you are rubbish and boring. If you win and play exciting football you will get it in the neck off fans whose star player wasn’t picked. If you win a tournament you will receive a knighthood but still be rubbish when you lose your next game.

Rince and repeat.

3 Likes

Even if you win every game, and actually brought a trophy back, well ENgland always having the greatest squad, that is expected

1 Like

That is actually the reason that most of the 1966 WC winning squad didn’t receive gongs at the time (OBEs etc). It was assumed that they would win a trophy every few years.

3 Likes

Fun now watching almost half of their targets (or wishes) rulling themselves out of the job.

Why would they bother with it, maybe later in their careers.

1 Like

Interesting choice in picking Angel Gomes over Palace’s Wharton. I think a lot of people wrote him Gomez after leaving Utd, but he’s still only 22 and has by all accounts been very good in France.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

They all enjoy a EU passport :joy::pensive:

1 Like

Interesting selection from Carsely this afternoon, picking Grealish, Gordon and Saka to play behind Kane. Gordon in for Foden addresses one of the big issues from this summer of all the forwards wanting to come back to the ball, but not sure what it will look like in practice.

2 Likes

England national.anthem getting pelters by the home crowd! Rice and Grealish getting grief!!

1 Like

Tell me about it. I am so sad we lost ours. :frowning_face:

1 Like

England not too popular in Dublin for some reason!

6 Likes

Liverpool vs Everton keepers.

1 Like

Real life illustration of Liverpool Reserves >>> Everton first choice :joy:

3 Likes

Should have scored there

1 Like

Me: A weekend without football! I am going to be so productive!

Me: Honey, we’re going to have to cancel plans for today. I’ve pissed away my morning and now Im going to have to watch the england game before going to the gym so wont be ready to do anything until 5pm

4 Likes

And the shit keeper is obvious, started poorly

I rather like that Carsley is putting his own stamp on the England team: “Fuck those waistcoats, I’m having a trackie top!”

1 Like