Euro 2020 Archive Thread

The Danish lads I used to play with described it as a inverse of the games they’re used to playing on this stage - they are used to being up against a stronger team, but they can lean on the games most talented 1 or 2 players. I think that’s maybe a perspective that gives our age away (80s/Laudrup influenced), but it seemed right today. If Wales were going to win they needed something special out of Bale and Ramsay and for the rest to hold their shit together. After a promising first 25 minutes, neither of those things happened and they lost to a much better side.

As for the Wilson red card, there can be no complaints. In the end there was not damage done, he made up a ton of ground just to twat the guy. It’s difficult to argue against it.

1 Like

Wales were totally outplayed by Denmark, fully deserved win.

3 Likes

Twat the guy? He barely touched him. It’s a yellow at worst… and the kind of challenge Fernandinho gets away with multiple times every week.

3 Likes

Deserved win for Denmark, but never a red card for Wilson.

3 Likes

When you cover that much distance to dive in and get no where near the ball most refs are going to give a red. I get not liking the way the game is reffed these days, but that is different than arguing Wilson was hard done by.

Wales deflated after the first 20 min

1 Like

https://youtu.be/kS-oPfQHMXw

The interviewer was a big cunt asking him that question at the end.

2 Likes

Bale did the right thing, walking off.

4 Likes

Wilson not a red for me.

Couple months back, Shitty against Leeds, Fernandinho (who naturally should already have been on a yellow) in the final minutes chops down Raphina who was virtually through on goal as Shitty had pushed up. Subsequenly, Raphinha goes on to miss several games through injury.

Now that’s a red for these types of challenges. Well, should be if it wasn’t Fernandinho, who has taken Scholes’ get out of jail free card.

Here’s a classic example of a genuine yellow, from our own Fabinho in that farcial game against Newcastle.

https://streamable.com/g23zum

That’s what I’ve said all along since I watched them against Switzerland, who were terrible themselves.

The first semi-competitive side had to destroy them, and it happened without fail.

I like Wales, and always want them to do well, but there isn’t enough quality in the side at the moment, in order to perform against stronger teams.

1 Like

Portugal have qualified for the knockout stages of the European Championship in third place for the second tournament in a row, also doing so in 2016 before going on to win it. Belgium have only failed to score in two of their last 58 games under Roberto Martinez.

Hes coming home, he’s coming home, he’s coming…Diogo Jota’s coming home.

Thats what I want to see. Get him home wrapped up ready ready next season.

5 Likes

Not an easy match for ‘my’ Portugal. Hope for a win but if Portugal loses Jota can go on vacation.

So basically I can’t lose. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That manc twat only makes the bench because cheating doesn’t work that well with reasonably competent refs/var.

Portugal seeing sense and dropping Semedo then. Even he could have made a 20 stone Eden Hazard look decent again.

1 Like

Bollocks. Lee Dixon on commentary.

On the plus side, Roberto Martinez is increasingly starting to look like The Hood from Thunderbirds.

2 Likes

Cor, horrible miss Jota. Not an open goal by any means but he’s gotta do better than that, surely.

2 Likes

I like listening to Dixon comment on Arsenal matches, especially lately.

1 Like

Was expecting a good game here but it’s a bit cat :cat2: and mouse :mouse: so far.

1 Like